Turn on thread page Beta

English Language AS Level Essay Help? (Eduqas/WJEC) watch

ReputationRep:
    I know most students do the AQA course but my sixth form do the Eduqas exam board. Every week we get given a text and we write an essay about it. At GCSE I got A* in English but in this I keep getting Bs in my essays and getting disappointed. How can I bump it up to an A, can anybody help? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    just try and include a variety of language frameworks... try and cover at least 5 in all of your essays
    in the intro write about the graspm of the text/texts,my teacher said conclusions arent vital so i just write an intro and 5 main body paragraphs and i still get a's
    include various theories like accommodation theory etc with appropriate examples in every paragraph, basically write a little about a lot and dont just point them out go into more detail about why theyve been used from various different view points
    thats really all i can think of at the moment? thats what i do anyway and it seems to work
    i wish there as a revision book though
    hope i helped a little
    also, have you got any ideas of what youre doing for coursework?

ReputationRep:
    You could also try to include about one or two critics quotes in your essay, this doesn't have to be from a famous critic but make sure you include a footnote of where you quoted it from and who it is by x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 10, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.