Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Getting a part time job? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16 and so I left secondary school and have been in sixth form for nearly 1 month now. I would like to get a job, only it's too early to ask the sixth form for references as I moved into another school for sixth form. I forgot to ask the teachers in my secondary school and now I dont know who to use for my refeences or if I have to use my secondary school, I don't know who to contact or how to get into contact with them.

ReputationRep:
    what area do you live in?

ReputationRep:
    You have two choices. Get work experience or lie on your cv.

For the first work at your local charity shop. You can pick your own times and the skills gained are very beneficial. After working there a while ask if they'll reference you then apply to others.

Lying on your cv requires you to do a lot of research. Research about what job your lying about, what it required, references and so on. You'll also need to learn how to do interviews well. When you lie be reasonable, it needs to be believe able.

I suggest the first option as you'll actually get the skills you need. Also you'll have to do this at one point and means you won't feel guilty when lying.

It's getting close to Christmas though and their should be Christmas jobs available which won't require experience. You'll need to practice interview technique and researching the company.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.