i am 24 and re doing my GCSE maths. i am rubbish at maths and sometimes it takes me longer to process lol. if anyone could help or break down a method that would be fab.
1. 262 divided by 1.6? ( ive tried dividing by 16 but my answer is different to the calcultor)
2. i find long division hard too for example 48,360 divided by 3,100?
3. jas uses 570g of mixed fruit tomake 18 scones. how much will he need to make 24 scones?
help please, im sure its easy once you get the hang of it but not even my tutors are that much help!!
x Turn on thread page Beta
maths block! watch
- Thread Starter
- 27-10-2015 11:07
- 27-10-2015 11:23
For 1. instead of dividing by 16 divide by 8 and then half the answer. Don't forget to times by 10 at the end
2. I sometimes find it easier to guess an approximation of the answer and then multiply the 3100 by this answer and keep repeating this until the answer is exact or with a remainder less than 3100
3. Find a common factor i.e. 6 and calculate how much is required for six scones. then multiple this answer so that it is for 24 scones