Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Appealed Tesco decision to reject me from opening a bank account watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have been rejected from opening a current account by Tesco. I appealed the decision because my credit rating is good, I pay off all my credit cards bill in full and I have a good income and sizeable savings. Tesco are so annoying. I bet they rejected me cos I have a funny sounding name, the racist scumbags! :mad:

What is more annoying is the fact that I have opened an account with First Direct and Lloyds in the same week and those accounts opened no problems!

Anyone else been rejected from opening a new account? Anyone else appealed and won?

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible you're overreacting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sesshomaru24U)
    Is it possible you're overreacting?
    Quite possibly, but I feel insulted being rejected rejected by Tesco's! I mean how can anyone get rejected by Tesco's for anything? - they are lower than the lowest!

I'm trying to get the account more to preserve my pride more than anything now .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    Quite possibly, but I feel insulted being rejected rejected by Tesco's! I mean how can anyone get rejected by Tesco's for anything? - they are lower than the lowest!

I'm trying to get the account more to preserve my pride more than anything now .
    What's really funny about your statement, is the fact that I'm going to start working for Tesco's on Friday so thanks lol. I understand what you're saying though, but does it really need to be Tesco's?

ReputationRep:
    What's really funny about your statement, is the fact that I'm going to start working for Tesco's on Friday so thanks lol. I understand what you're saying though, but does it really need to be Tesco's?
    Yes, I can't find any other accounts with the facility to set up direct debits. I need 2 direct debits coming out of lloyds to tescos every month so I can use their 4% savings account to optimum effect

Good luck at Tescos. Head office or shop role?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    Yes, I can't find any other accounts with the facility to set up direct debits. I need 2 direct debits coming out of lloyds to tescos every month so I can use their 4% savings account to optimum effect

Good luck at Tescos. Head office or shop role?
    Right I can see why you would be upset about that. Shop role, part time, work weekends in an empty area near my home so pretty happy I got it.

ReputationRep:
    Right I can see why you would be upset about that. Shop role, part time, work weekends in an empty area near my home so pretty happy I got it.
    Seems like a sweet deal! Good luck mate

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.