Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    for my geography AS homework, I'm writing an essay on the relationship between energy use and development. One of my arguments are that the more developed a country becomes, the more energy they will use.

I'm trying to bring in an example of how a certain MNC 'x' are located in MEDCs, thus creating tertiary industries, like trade. For trade to occur, a lot of energy is required for transport. thus increasing energy consumption of the country.

Does anyone know any real-life examples I could incorporate into this? Thank you in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by latenightmadness)
    for my geography AS homework, I'm writing an essay on the relationship between energy use and development. One of my arguments are that the more developed a country becomes, the more energy they will use.

I'm trying to bring in an example of how a certain MNC 'x' are located in MEDCs, thus creating tertiary industries, like trade. For trade to occur, a lot of energy is required for transport. thus increasing energy consumption of the country.

Does anyone know any real-life examples I could incorporate into this? Thank you in advance!
    By MNC I assume you mean a multi-national corporation? My specification prefers TNC (Trans-national corporation) so apologies.

If you're talking about energy sectors BP, Chevron, Gazprom and Shell are all huge corporations which provide energy. Gazprom, located in Russia, I believe holds 1/3 of the world's gas reserves and provides 92% of Russia's energy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jake4198)
    By MNC I assume you mean a multi-national corporation? My specification prefers TNC (Trans-national corporation) so apologies.

If you're talking about energy sectors BP, Chevron, Gazprom and Shell are all huge corporations which provide energy. Gazprom, located in Russia, I believe holds 1/3 of the world's gas reserves and provides 92% of Russia's energy
    Thank you, that was very helpful

Oh, my exam board is OCR but we've been taught to call them MNCs. What exam board do you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by latenightmadness)
    Thank you, that was very helpful

Oh, my exam board is OCR but we've been taught to call them MNCs. What exam board do you do?
    I do Edexcel. Currently doing A2

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 27, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.