username1479085
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
for my geography AS homework, I'm writing an essay on the relationship between energy use and development. One of my arguments are that the more developed a country becomes, the more energy they will use.

I'm trying to bring in an example of how a certain MNC 'x' are located in MEDCs, thus creating tertiary industries, like trade. For trade to occur, a lot of energy is required for transport. thus increasing energy consumption of the country.

Does anyone know any real-life examples I could incorporate into this? Thank you in advance!
username1022139
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by latenightmadness)
for my geography AS homework, I'm writing an essay on the relationship between energy use and development. One of my arguments are that the more developed a country becomes, the more energy they will use.

I'm trying to bring in an example of how a certain MNC 'x' are located in MEDCs, thus creating tertiary industries, like trade. For trade to occur, a lot of energy is required for transport. thus increasing energy consumption of the country.

Does anyone know any real-life examples I could incorporate into this? Thank you in advance!
By MNC I assume you mean a multi-national corporation? My specification prefers TNC (Trans-national corporation) so apologies.

If you're talking about energy sectors BP, Chevron, Gazprom and Shell are all huge corporations which provide energy. Gazprom, located in Russia, I believe holds 1/3 of the world's gas reserves and provides 92% of Russia's energy
username1479085
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by jake4198)
By MNC I assume you mean a multi-national corporation? My specification prefers TNC (Trans-national corporation) so apologies.

If you're talking about energy sectors BP, Chevron, Gazprom and Shell are all huge corporations which provide energy. Gazprom, located in Russia, I believe holds 1/3 of the world's gas reserves and provides 92% of Russia's energy
Thank you, that was very helpful

Oh, my exam board is OCR but we've been taught to call them MNCs. What exam board do you do?
username1022139
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by latenightmadness)
Thank you, that was very helpful

Oh, my exam board is OCR but we've been taught to call them MNCs. What exam board do you do?
I do Edexcel. Currently doing A2
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (86)
56.95%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (18)
11.92%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (19)
12.58%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (11)
7.28%
I haven't started researching yet (8)
5.3%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (9)
5.96%

Watched Threads