Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Greetings people.

I want to help you guys avoid all the pain in the first year so you can easily get good grades.

Pay attention carefully, these are the steps to get good grades.

Practice maths LOADS of maths, even go to YouTube and learn about "Discrete Maths used in Computing" this will make Foundation Of Computing so much easier. Take A-levels maths and even further maths if possible and if you're doing BTEC and dont want to take maths just go on YouTube and do a few hours every day.

Take Computing in A-Levels as it covers most of the stuff that's in Computer Systems, if it's to late to take that course just learn about the architecture of an computer.

Lastly but not least DO SOME FKING PROGRAMMING!!

I can't stress this **** enough, me and some of my friends didn't do any programming at all and its getting kinda stressful (haha) but I was able to learn it quicker than some people so its fine.

But if you take atleast 5-6 months or even 1year+ to study programming you will have more time for other modules and you will easily get 70%+ on your exam.

Sorry for this little rant but to be honest I wish I had this guideline before entering University hopefully its helpful and if you have any more questions feel free to ask me.

Good luck people. (p.s my spelling is ****)

ReputationRep:
    Ughh....I wish you had written this before September then I would have known before coming here😓...but being in 1st year Comp Sci started from September..I know how true this is...uhh PRP is 😱

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.