Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is the best way to get over someone? watch

I was in a relationship with my now ex girlfriend for over a year and we split up two months ago and I am still really down about. She was the one who ended it and I'm trying to move on but I just can't. What is the best way to move on even though I'm still crazy about her?

ReputationRep:
    Have sex with as many other women as possible.

Make new friends.

Take on some new hobbies.

Go out with people and do fun things with others.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Get a job.

ReputationRep:
    just try to distract yourself and keep yourself busy, and avoid speaking to them or looking at their facebook or other social media etc. It sucks but it gets better with time

You can't decide to move on
    You have to accept this situation.
    You can cry if it helps you and you can write about your feelings.
    It'll take a long tim to move on if you are still crazy about her but it will be better in the future if you have completely accepted this situation

ReputationRep:
    Listen to good advise on TSR. Stay positive. Find someone new. Easier said than done sometimes mind

ReputationRep:
    Make new friends.
    Remove her from all social media so she doesn't just randomly pop up on your news feed.
    Date other girls.
    Remember why you broke up and how you're better off without her.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You get rid of any traces of them in your life and never speak to them ever again, and with time it gets better and better, and you'll probably find someone again.

ReputationRep:
    read books

ReputationRep:
    smoke weed get drunk

ReputationRep:
    keeping yourself extremely busy helps too

ReputationRep:
    BLOCK THEM ON EVERY SOCIAL MEDIA! trust me brother its the best thing to do, OUT of site Out of mind.

its worked for every single break up and you end up quickly forgetting about that person!
    Trust me

ReputationRep:
    I agree

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I deleted my ex's number, his pictures and his messages and this helped a great deal. If he had social media I would have removed him from there too! Chin up, it only gets better. You'll be sad for a while, keep busy and then in time you'll be ready to date again!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah definitely remove her from all forms of social media

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.