Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Made a mistake on job application form! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,I'm 16 years old and was looking for a job and I applied to one in a hardware store nearby which is pretty big. I sent my application off last week and luckily got called back for an interview that's taking place in 3 days! I was reviewing my form and I realised I made a mistake, instead of saying that I will be available to work 7-8 hours a week I said I am available to work 7-15 hours a week! What should I do? I don't want to work up to 15 hours week as I am only looking for a weekend job. Have they only called me in for an interview because I said I could do long hours? Should I mention that I've made a mistake, at the interview or should I email the manager now? I really want the job but I'm getting pretty worried!Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    It looks bad making mistakes on application forms as it shows you don't have a eye for detail which is what every manager looks for,

ReputationRep:
    Just tell your boss that since you wrote that your hours will have to be reduced because you are busy, im sure the manager will understand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ikhan94)
    Just tell your boss that since you wrote that your hours will have to be reduced because you are busy, im sure the manager will understand
    Should I say that if I get the job or should i mention it in the interview? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Postmaster92)
    It looks bad making mistakes on application forms as it shows you don't have a eye for detail which is what every manager looks for,
    I know, any advice on what I should do now

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.