Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What A level grades can you predict for me? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In year 10 I received 1A* 3A 1B 1C
    This year (year11) I am doing 5 GCSE and I'm predicted to receive 1A* 4A
    I think I will be able to do better as I got higher than my predicted grades last year.
    In college, I'm going to do chemistry, biology, physcology and maths. I want to do medicine and will work very hard throughout the year. What grades do you think I will honestly get with these GCSE grades.

(Original post by chocolatelover99)
    I think I will be able to do better as I got higher than my predicted grades last year.
    In college, I'm going to do chemistry, biology, physcology and maths. I want to do medicine and will work very hard throughout the year. What grades do you think I will honestly get with these GCSE grades.
    Spelling psychology right could be a start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolatelover99)
    It's impossible to say. GCSE grades are not always proportional to A-level grades. Some people struggle to cope with A-levels, and others start to work a lot more.

You have good GCSEs, and so you definitely have the potential to get As in all of your subjects.

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to say as gcse's aren't an accurate reflection of how you can do at A levels.
    I know these 2 girls currently doing the same a level subjects,
    One got only 1a* at gcse and straight A's at AS
    The other got 8a*'s at gcse and no A's at AS.
    It really depends how hard you work at a level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    It's impossible to say. GCSE grades are not always proportional to A-level grades. Some people struggle to cope with A-levels, and others start to work a lot more.

You have good GCSEs, and so you definitely have the potential to get As in all of your subjects.
    Thanks for the motivation

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how much you study I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I got 2A*s 3As 3Bs 3Cs at GCSE (predicted all As lol)

got BBCC in AS bio, comp, chem, phys

aiming for AAA (or ATLEAST AAB) in A2 and I'm gonna die

I had a friend who got like 10 A*s in GCSEs, got tuition and everything for AS and ended up failing year 12 and doing BTECs

there's no way to tell - A-levels and GCSEs are WAY different

A-levels are about applying what you've learned all your life to questions you've never seen before (there's no way to 'learn' this - this is done by practice) and GCSEs are about memorising and regurgitating the text book (you can do this like a few days before the exam)

you can walk into a GCSE exam with like a days worth of revision and get a B, but if you do that at A-level you ain't got a right to cry when you get your U back

start revising now if you want As and A*s m8 cos you got it harder since you're doing the linear system and you've got like 16 exams in A2 so GOOD LUCK MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU

Just do past papers and read ahead in the summer before AS, do all your homework and stay on top of your **** and you'll be fine

Medicine? well that's another story - that requires what... like 30 hours of studying per week? I tried it clearly didn't happen lolz

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.