The Student Room Group

My boyfriend made out with my best friend :(

So I'm at uni and recently started going out with this guy about 2 months ago. I introduced him to my group of friends who are all very pretty girls - in particular one of them; she is literally the kind of person who could wear a bin bag and still look hot. Also when we go out and she gets drunk she ends up dancing with people in a very suggestive/sexual way.

This weekend was the first time I brought my boyfriend along to come out with my friends clubbing. I go to get a drink and, lo and behold I come back from the bar and find him with his arms wrapped around my 'best friend' who is giving him full on tongue kisses whilst grinding on him. All my other friends were standing nearby whooping and dancing; it didn't seem to bother them at all! Shocked and upset I pulled another one of my friends aside out into the smoking area where she (also drunk) was like 'oh stop being so extra it's not a big deal' and she was laughing. Crying, I then left without everyone else and got a taxi back home :frown:

The next day I confronted all my friends about it: the one that kissed my boyfriend shrugged it off and was like 'I was drunk, I didn't know!' and started laughing at her and then the others ganged up on me saying I was being mean to her and that it was just for fun, don't take it personally. After I was shouting at my 'best friend' for what she did, the rest of the group all sided with her and said I was being a b---ch and that I should just forget about it.

I feel so bad right now :frown: can anyone help me on this? I can't believe all this has happened.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm at uni and recently started going out with this guy about 2 months ago. I introduced him to my group of friends who are all very pretty girls - in particular one of them; she is literally the kind of person who could wear a bin bag and still look hot. Also when we go out and she gets drunk she ends up dancing with people in a very suggestive/sexual way.

This weekend was the first time I brought my boyfriend along to come out with my friends clubbing. I go to get a drink and, lo and behold I come back from the bar and find him with his arms wrapped around my 'best friend' who is giving him full on tongue kisses whilst grinding on him. All my other friends were standing nearby whooping and dancing; it didn't seem to bother them at all! Shocked and upset I pulled another one of my friends aside out into the smoking area where she (also drunk) was like 'oh stop being so extra it's not a big deal' and she was laughing. Crying, I then left without everyone else and got a taxi back home :frown:

The next day I confronted all my friends about it: the one that kissed my boyfriend shrugged it off and was like 'I was drunk, I didn't know!' and started laughing at her and then the others ganged up on me saying I was being mean to her and that it was just for fun, don't take it personally. After I was shouting at my 'best friend' for what she did, the rest of the group all sided with her and said I was being a b---ch and that I should just forget about it.

I feel so bad right now :frown: can anyone help me on this? I can't believe all this has happened.

Omg ew?!!? They are all vile and disgusting and switching the blame on you is so emotionally manipulative and abusive!!! DROP THEM THEY'RE ALL TERRIBLE FOR YOU AND DON'T DESERVE YOU IN THE SLIGHTEST xxx
Reply 2
Why are you so pissed off at the friend but not the bf? Both equally as bad.

Tbh I don't think it's that big of a deal as it doesn't happen again (knowing that you're not happy about it)
(edited 8 years ago)
Well if you tried explaining to them how you really felt and they still didn't care then distance yourself from them. My best friend hooked up with the girl I was in love with even though he knew how I felt. It was a pretty dick move. From my perspective your friends are *******s too. Ditch them asap
You have NOTHING to feel bad about... You have the right to feel upset about this.
If your boyfriend doesn't apologise properly, ditch him. He doesn't deserve you at all!!
Reply 5
Original post by cBay
Why are you so pissed off at the friend but not the bf? Both equally as bad.

Tbh I don't think it's that big of a deal as it doesn't happen again (knowing that you're not happy about it)

I broke up with him
Reply 6
I would say break up with him, but just saw your most recent post.

You don't deserve to be emotionally manipulated like that and being drunk, whilst understandable, is not an excuse. You don't need either of them in your life if they're gonna be ****s like that to you.

Just move on and forget about both of them :smile: x
Reply 7
any pics of this girl? She sounds hot
Original post by Anonymous

Not only is it unacceptable what your so-called boyfriend has allowed to happen, but it is doubly unacceptable that your friend had taken it upon herself (drunk or not) to make a move on your boyfriend- grinding and kissing him.

You should not feel guilty at all, and it is digusting that your friendship circle are also siding with her and not you. Presumably, they know that what she did was a B***h move. They seem like the sort that love drama and love having fun at others expense, these sorts of people are not mates.

I'd find out from your boyfriend what happened, and then ask your mate and wider circle. Once you've found out I'd probably just cut your mates and friend loose. You've only been with boyfriend 2 months so perhaps he didn't know what he was getting himself in for? Is he a 'jack-the-lad' sort or reserved?

Its hard for me to offer any valuable insight on your boyfriend. But certainly your mates and friend are wholly ass****s. Nobody does that to a mate, regardless of how long you've been with him.

Your friend obviously loves herself, and I've known/know people like her IRL and to be honest, not worth the time of day.

Cut your losses- get rid of them, depending on your boyfriends responses- tell him/them that their welcome to one and other and find yourself real mates.

At this young age of your life, you should be enjoying your life, and real mates would be fulfilling your life, not bringing you down. Your mates are simply siding with someone based on their own insecurities. They are probably all envious of her and want her looks or something and perceive her value as a threat. So naturally they side with her over yourself. Bully mentality really.

Chin up :smile: kick them all to the curb. I'm sure your equally as wanted as her, and you could find yourself somebody else with at least a shred more decency. Same goes for mates. All the best :smile:
Original post by royal1990
Not only is it unacceptable what your so-called boyfriend has allowed to happen, but it is doubly unacceptable that your friend had taken it upon herself (drunk or not) to make a move on your boyfriend- grinding and kissing him.

You should not feel guilty at all, and it is digusting that your friendship circle are also siding with her and not you. Presumably, they know that what she did was a B***h move. They seem like the sort that love drama and love having fun at others expense, these sorts of people are not mates.

I'd find out from your boyfriend what happened, and then ask your mate and wider circle. Once you've found out I'd probably just cut your mates and friend loose. You've only been with boyfriend 2 months so perhaps he didn't know what he was getting himself in for? Is he a 'jack-the-lad' sort or reserved?

Its hard for me to offer any valuable insight on your boyfriend. But certainly your mates and friend are wholly ass****s. Nobody does that to a mate, regardless of how long you've been with him.

Your friend obviously loves herself, and I've known/know people like her IRL and to be honest, not worth the time of day.

Cut your losses- get rid of them, depending on your boyfriends responses- tell him/them that their welcome to one and other and find yourself real mates.

At this young age of your life, you should be enjoying your life, and real mates would be fulfilling your life, not bringing you down. Your mates are simply siding with someone based on their own insecurities. They are probably all envious of her and want her looks or something and perceive her value as a threat. So naturally they side with her over yourself. Bully mentality really.

Chin up :smile: kick them all to the curb. I'm sure your equally as wanted as her, and you could find yourself somebody else with at least a shred more decency. Same goes for mates. All the best :smile:

THIS!!
Well if you did explain to them how you re
Thats pathetic honestly, they should side with you being your friend, you know what just leave him, chances are he'll do that again, just leave your friends they obviously dont care about you, start a new life
Reply 12
hang on. You paid for the cab ride all by yourself? Wouldnt that have been really expensive?
Those tramps aren't your friends. Drop them.
Now you've broken up with your boyfriend, go to Holland and Barrett's and find a very very strong laxative. Lace your "friends" food with it and get revenge :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending