The Student Room Group

Applying without meeting typical Requirments

Hello,

I want to study at the University of Manchester. However the course that I wants a typical result of AAB and I have achived a ABB (Got 79 in Maths :frown: )

Here are my results:
A levels:
Maths-B
Physics-B
Chemistry-A

O levels :
Maths D-A*
Add Maths- A
Bengali-B
Physics-A
Chemistry-A
English Language-A*
Accounting-A

Both O and A level exams are Cambridge Int Exams

What are my chances of getting in?
This is the course - http://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2016/09665/fashion-buying-and-merchandising-3-years-bsc/

Thanks for looking at my question.
I know people that missed their offer by a grade and got in.They needed AAB and got ABB instead.You should be alright on that basis
If your teachers predict you AAB (and you have a good PS and references) there's a good chance they'll give you an offer and then you just need to work really hard and bring one of your Bs up to an A. Generally going for an offer which is one grade above your AS grades is quite reasonable. You should just make sure you apply to a few other courses with lower offers so you have insurance options.
As you're an international student applying with near miss grades for a course that isn't exceptionally competitive, I'd drop the department an email in advance of applying to see what they say.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Thanx for all your advice.

I have completed my A-levels (AS in 2014 and A2 in 2015, all of which in one sitting) and am currently taking a gap year. And I forgot, I am an international student. The university does require an interview. if I do well in the interview will it help?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by fotogenicz1
I'd say it definitely helps if you excel in you interview. In fact if you can really stand out, it is more important than your grades. Once they offer you an interview, it means they have given you a chance to impress them enough to let them in.

Thnkx !! Now I am feeling a bit more confident about geting in. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending