Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hey! I'm currently working and have been since I was 16. I'm 19 now.
    I've always been an UK resident, I've seen that been asked on threads here so I thought I'd mention that right off the bat.
    But I'm looking at getting back into education.

    It's been suggested that I go onto an access to higher education course, and after research this seems like the right thing for me!

    I can get onto the course for free, seems as it's my first level 3 qualification, and I have the GCSE entry requirements.

    My only problem is that after I turn 20, when I'd be starting the course, my parents won't get financial support for me, meaning I'd have to work alongside the course. I'm worried that I won't be able to complete the course to the best of my ability this way.

    So, to my question, I am wondering if there's any form of financial support for students at the age of 20 attending an access course?
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.