Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Current topical medical issue watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can people list some current topical medical issues?
    Ones that are fairly big and likely to come up in interview

ReputationRep:
    Students suddenly experiencing amnesia about the existence of Google is a good one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ss2525)
    Not exactly a medical issue, but is of great significance.
    Junior doctor contracts!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Large policy issues right now:

Junior contracts (this this this this this this) x100000 know everything about this else fall on your arse

7-day NHS

Shape of Training review (if you're wanting to impress)

Moving point of GMC registration (ditto)

Issues that are still important:

Keogh report

Francis inquiry

(Initially thought this said "current tropical medicine issue" and was going to get all up in your grill about if you haven't heard of the noble prize for malaria what's the point in talking about tropical medicine as an interest... :p:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Large policy issues right now:

Junior contracts (this this this this this this) x100000 know everything about this else fall on your arse

7-day NHS

Shape of Training review (if you're wanting to impress)

Moving point of GMC registration (ditto)

Issues that are still important:

Keogh report

Francis inquiry

(Initially thought this said "current tropical medicine issue" and was going to get all up in your grill about if you haven't heard of the noble prize for malaria what's the point in talking about tropical medicine as an interest... :p:)
    thanks a lot!
    What is the moving point of GMC reg and shape of training review? could you link me to any articles as I can't seem to find anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rickstahhh)
    Not exactly a medical issue, but is of great significance.
    Junior doctor contracts!
    thanks, on the Kings website it says at interview they will ask about current topical medical issues, is there anything else eg. medical breakthroughs ect that I should know about, maybe the whole ebola thing?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    thanks a lot!
    What is the moving point of GMC reg and shape of training review? could you link me to any articles as I can't seem to find anything
    http://bma.org.uk/working-for-change...raining-review

ReputationRep:
    What's the postcode lottery all about? I understand the scheme but I don't get how it relates with the NHS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    thanks, on the Kings website it says at interview they will ask about current topical medical issues, is there anything else eg. medical breakthroughs ect that I should know about, maybe the whole ebola thing?
    I'd advise looking on BBC Health as often as possible.
    The Ebola crisis would be useful to know as well.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Bloom77)
    What's the postcode lottery all about? I understand the scheme but I don't get how it relates with the NHS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Postcode lottery describes how local CCG assign their resources in such a way that artificial divides exist (aka between post codes), where one CCG funds a certain cancer drug (for example) but the other doesn't. It's due to allocation of resources and healthcare policy. Limited pot of money being split different ways. In the previous example the postcode that gets the cancer drug might not get community rehab after heart attack in order to pay for the cancer drug.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.