Turn on thread page Beta

An inside story unknown to most Chinese. watch

ReputationRep:
    BY *LoL*

During World War 2, prosecuted by German Nazi who attempted to eradicate the Jewish people, those Jews who escaped from Europe discovered painfully, that those countries that dreaded Hitler’s evil power cruelly refused refugee to them. At the time, only the little door of Shanghai was still open, and about 50 thousands Jews, on hearing this, fled all over the world to seek asylum there. Shanghai, which was then not aware of the existence of Hitler and his Nazi party, was an open and undefended city that could be entered without any visa.

When the war was over, most of the 50 thousand Jews left Shanghai, among whom a majority became the founders of Israel.

When the Tong Shan earthquake happened in 1971, Israel government openly and instantly made a donation of 100 million dollars to China. What did that indicate? If the same thing happened to cities like Chicago, the amount of donation from Israel would not exceed 20 or 30 millions.

During the Cold War period, the Western nations started an organization in Paris named
    Coordinating Committee for Export Control, (CCEC) which strictly any export of sensitive technologies to our country. But was there any crack in its” Iron Curtain”? Putting aside issues of military battle-plane and submarine owned by China, which are so similar to those of Israel’s, a glance at the seemingly mediocre bulletproof vest will shed some new light. In the 80s, Israel first invented bulletproof vest based on fabrics. It was obviously a very useful military technology that was needed desperately by the police force of China but at the same time was clearly watched by those in CCEC. So miracle happened overnight, that China “all by himself” researched out the technology of fabric bulletproof vest, those now worn by almost 1.6 millions of our police force.

In 2000, China booked 4 spy planes from Israel. But sadly the deal was canceled after some anti-China parties in the USA forcefully obstructed it. But was the whole over? Never ! Within 3 years, China again “by itself” successfully researched out its own spy planes.

Some obscure houses now in Shanhai often had visits from Jews all over the world, especially from Israel. They searched humbly and affectionately for the Nora’s Ark of that very time.

When Shanghai was fallen, the Japanese, with the intention to ingratiate itself with the Nazi, planned to eliminate all the Jews who lived in Shanghai. There was an area populated by Jews, which at one time was seiged all round with iron fence built up by the Japanese, who prohibited any entrance or exit of the Jews. However, most of the one thousand Jews imprisoned in that area all survived. And how did that miracle happen? It was all due to the indignant and sympathetic Shanghai citizen, who under the risk of being arrested and killed, threw food like pancakes over the roof to help the Jews.

ReputationRep:
    Now as the number of Chinese traveling abroad is increasing every year, the first place to choose is always Israel ,in view of friendliness. Standing on the street of Jerusalem, you can loudly declare that you are Chinese!! Or by just shouting you are from Shanghai, you will discover Israelis from the young to the old whom you never meet will come to greet you and invite you for tea at their house!!

The history of the Jews in Shanhai is to something to be written into the textbook and the family history of China.

There is a grand monument standing in Israel, on which is inscribed: we’ll never forget you Chinese!!!

Actually, we only saved a mere number of 50 thousand Jews, but won the respect from its whole nation and have been offered invaluable technology aid for 50 years! Isn’t that something that deserves our highest regard?

Presuming that 50 thousand Chinese people were saved by the Israel, would we be able to return the favor as continuously and immensely as them?

For a long time, if anything happens in the Middle East, our mainstream press condemns the Israel, which leads the general public to be imprinted with the belief that Israel is an “evil country”. Fifty years have passed, the grandchildren continue to bash Israel the way that their grandparents did. We go on bashing Israel with our eyes closed to Suicide Bombers especially attacking the citizens of Israel. What kind of verbal abuses do we throw and for what? For the imprudent and shameless revenge dared to be take by the Israelis?

So we keeps bashing on and on for so long time that finally we got addicted. But don’t you ever think what kind of heroic role are you playing by castigating someone who never retorts back? Remember, China had many so called friends whom swindled millions of dollars from it. But during all that time, only Israel for 50 years never asked a penny from us, who, even by the highest standard, is a well qualified friend of ours.

When were A group of Palestine youth throwing stones at Isreal’s tanks passing by, were those children being brave or just putting on a show? If the situation switched, the tanks belonged to Palestine, Israel’s teenagers would never get a chance to throw stones since machine gun would have long sprayed them. And yes, that is the difference. The bloody difference!

If Israel lost those tanks, as a nation, it will soon face the inevitable doom of being completely annihilated. Looking from afar, the tiny Israel engulfed in a sea of rages still stand majestically among its hostile neighbors.

Cherishing friends is one of the traditional virtues of the Chinese people. We can approach to the Arabs, though Islam had inflicted vast damages on us, you can still hear the weeping voice of the souls of prosecuted Indonesia Chinese. But we must from today stop our bashing, not only for the military equipments and technologies they provided to us, but for the everlasting friendship that runs through the reat history of the two unique nations!!

ReputationRep:
    i'm going to china next year and i've read quite alot on chinese society and hisotry. i've heard it mentioned a few times that the mainland chinese view the jewish people very highly, it has always puzzled me, now i think what ur saying must be part of the reason.

ReputationRep:
    this post was aimed to educate those chinese who are ignorant to the history of isreal and china. this was not desigened to offend any western friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    i'm going to china next year and i've read quite alot on chinese society and hisotry. i've heard it mentioned a few times that the mainland chinese view the jewish people very highly, it has always puzzled me, now i think what ur saying must be part of the reason.
    indeed. sadly, i have to tell you only those with some histroy knowledge really understand the realtionship between the two people. most of chinese youth, incuding undergraduates, belittle this special realtionship as they are often misled by the medias and freelance wirters.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    arrh that is too long can u summaries it??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *LoL*)
    this post was aimed to educate those chinese who are ignorant to the history of isreal and china. this was not desigened to offend any western friend.
    where are you from and what do u do?

i doubt many people in the west would even know there was any form of special relationship between china and isreal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    arrh that is too long can u summaries it??
    thought that was an compact summary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *LoL*)
    thought that was an compact summary.
    owow right then i think it is just too long for me then

ReputationRep:
    where are you from and what do u do?

i doubt many people in the west would even know there was any form of special relationship between china and isreal.

China, obviously, but educated in Briton. i am just so fed up with chinese students from mainland always *****ing at Isreal so unilaterally. bunch of illiterates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *LoL*)
    China, obviously, but educated in Briton. i am just so fed up with chinese students from mainland always *****ing at Isreal so unilaterally. bunch of illiterates
    i didn't know that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *LoL*)
    where were u educated and to what level?

where in china are u?

next year i'm teaching english in a place called dongying, in shandong province.

ReputationRep:
    where were u educated and to what level?

where in china are u?

next year i'm teaching english in a place called dongying, in shandong province.
    *whisper* hey iiikewl do u think she is a spy??

joke

ReputationRep:
    wow. very good read, however long but i get the jist of it. i never knew the chinese think of the jews so highly

i am chinese myself but i dont' think my family did have any particular opinions of the isrealis.

ReputationRep:
    a good argument, well presented!

ReputationRep:
    Being Chinese I'm a little ashamed to say that I no very little about China's great history; this post was quite an eye-opener. In short, more of the same please!

ReputationRep:
    I'm Chinese myself and I admit that I have never heard that story before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *LoL*)
    i am Chinese and I have already known this history, but thanks anyway.

ReputationRep:
    i wish you could compress your "masterpiece" a little bit. not many people will have the patience to read it through ( including me)

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.