Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My teachers at my 6th form are already pressuring me to start applying to my uni's but I am worried about my uni and degree choice. For a while now I have really wanted to work in the media and thought that a media degree was for me, however I have read a lot of reviews that suggest a media degree is a waste of time? Also many of the uni's that I like don't do the course in media that I would possibly choose so im finding it all pretty hard, im not very good at creative writing and that is a skill I should really have for media?! On the other hand I also like psychology and at the moment psychology is my main choice, but im worried that I might find it to hard and that I might only be choosing it because I don't have much else (that I kinda like) to choose from due to me turning down media. Also im really stressed right now because im doing 3 AS resits on top of my A2 exams and I feel like im rushing my decision for university. Please help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geolouise)
    My teachers at my 6th form are already pressuring me to start applying to my uni's but I am worried about my uni and degree choice. For a while now I have really wanted to work in the media and thought that a media degree was for me, however I have read a lot of reviews that suggest a media degree is a waste of time? Also many of the uni's that I like don't do the course in media that I would possibly choose so im finding it all pretty hard, im not very good at creative writing and that is a skill I should really have for media?! On the other hand I also like psychology and at the moment psychology is my main choice, but im worried that I might find it to hard and that I might only be choosing it because I don't have much else (that I kinda like) to choose from due to me turning down media. Also im really stressed right now because im doing 3 AS resits on top of my A2 exams and I feel like im rushing my decision for university. Please help!
    If you aren't ready to apply then don't. There is no point in rushing such an important decision. If you are undecided about what to study at uni, then focus on your A-levels and take a gap year while working out what you want to do.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.