Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Where can you buy earphones that don't break? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Why do earphones break after only like a month or two's worth of use? I'd rather spend slightly more money and have years worth of use, if this is even possible? Can someone recommend some good earphones or a place to buy some that last forever?!!

ReputationRep:
    Idk
    My headphones broke the other day
    I brought them for £40!! And i put them in my school bag and i stepped on my bag and now they are broken :cry:
    I am now going back to my buying of £5 earphones which break after two months as the headphones only lasted me from august till october

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tourminator)
    Why do earphones break after only like a month or two's worth of use? I'd rather spend slightly more money and have years worth of use, if this is even possible? Can someone recommend some good earphones or a place to buy some that last forever?!!
    Probably any German ones

ReputationRep:
    all earphones will break if you don't treat them with the respect they deserve

most of my headphones break within a few months but have a year warranty. So I just keep getting the same ones by bringing the receipt in

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a terrible record with earphones! Keep breaking them lel
    HTC earphones seem to be lasting though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Idk
    My headphones broke the other day
    I brought them for £40!! And i put them in my school bag and i stepped on my bag and now they are broken :cry:
    I am now going back to my buying of £5 earphones which break after two months as the headphones only lasted me from august till october
    Wow that's like falling from heaven to earth haha! Good luck with getting used to the lower quality. I think the manufacturers purposely make them break after a couple of months otherwise they wouldn't make much profit idk lol.

(Original post by Johann von Gauss)
    Probably any German ones
    Do you any specific German brands of earphones? That would be superb!

ReputationRep:
    If I did, I wouldn't buy a new pair of Samdung earphones every month

Perhaps try headphones?

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's like falling from heaven to earth haha! Good luck with getting used to the lower quality. I think the manufacturers purposely make them break after a couple of months otherwise they wouldn't make much profit idk lol.

I deffo agree with you there.
    Oh yeah i will have to adapt to the low quality sounds again 😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danalwill)
    all earphones will break if you don't treat them with the respect they deserve
    Yes although they don't get beaten, I will try to treat them with more due care. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Everything's made to eventually break though

ReputationRep:
    I've had good experiences with Sony and Sennheiser earphones. The ones I have right now are some in-ear Sony ones (not sure what model) and they've lasted years, and I use them every day.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/mult...0-25-15-p-1089

ReputationRep:
    Ugh story of my life...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i found the apple earphones to be quite durable, i bend them, fold them, get it caught in zips, drop it a few times, and it still works. i bought this brand once, it looked sturdy and the wires were flat and thick so i thought there's no way it can break easily, but it did after a few months -_-

ReputationRep:
    yeah it's annoying as ****, my sennheisers always break after a few months use I've been through over 20 of them by now
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Greg Jackson)
    yeah it's annoying as ****, my sennheisers always break after a few months use I've been through over 20 of them by now
    Very strange, I've heard and had positive experiences with Sennheisers, constantly rated best on the market.

I'd recommend them OP.

ReputationRep:
    In the opposite universe. Such headphones don't exist here.

ReputationRep:
    Most manufacturers design their earphones cheaply because they're meant to be for outdoor use; they're bound to break and there's no getting around the user bending the wires/wearing away the rubber. If you want something durable to listen to music with, buy some good quality headphones (ie. not Beats). Wireless ones would be even better as they'd lower or eliminate the possibility of broken wires.

ReputationRep:
    You aren't looking after them properly. I wrap mine up in a loose coil and put them in a hard blue pouch when I'm not using them. After a year and 4 months they still work perfectly.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.