Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Taking a one year gap and applying for college next year watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am 4 weeks into my A levels and I am extremely behind...I am 2 chapters in biology and chemistry behind, tons of homework behind and practical work behind too. The only way to recover is by catching up in the holidays but it won't be effective as its different from learning via lessons.
    Because A levels has changed and it is a straight 2 year course, I cannot retake the year as there is no such thing as AS anymore. So I was wondering would it be best If I take a one year gap in my studies and do Alevels the next year all fresh or should I continue...even if I have 2 years left, I have missed 4 weeks...that will affect my overall grade massively in 2 years time.

Also, they have removed retakes, and therefore the original A-level course in now a complete 2 year course.

(Original post by mnc61)
    Also, they have removed retakes, and therefore the original A-level course in now a complete 2 year course.
    Is this really true? O.o I thought you could do one retake... Thank goodness I got out of the system before these reforms were enacted.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.