Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is work experience in a dentistry acceptable if I want to pursue a career in Medicine watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Year 11.. can't find any hospitals to do work experience in, all full all full... help...
    So yeah answer the original question, also any suggestions on what to do for my work experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mao Zedong)
    I'm in Year 11.. can't find any hospitals to do work experience in, all full all full... help...
    So yeah answer the original question, also any suggestions on what to do for my work experience?
    Anyone??!

Medical schools recognise that not everyone has the opportunity to do as much and as varied work experience as they'd like. Get what you can (GP surgery experience, pharmacy experience etc.) and you'll be judged on how well you can reflect on what you've done rather than how much you've done.

P.S. That's a very curious username for somebody looking to go into healthcare...

ReputationRep:
    Any experience in a medical environment (like a dentists) is notable, but try and obtain experience elsewhere as well.
    Anyone??!

ReputationRep:
    TBH it would be better to try and find some medical work experience. In my work experience dental work experience doesn't go down too well. It can be hard to find medical work experience but the best way is to use who you know! If you know someone who is a doctor (family friend or a friend's parent) ask them if they can help you arrange it. In the end that is what I had to do!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.