The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Medic Portal
Aha! No problem :biggrin:

It's attached as an excel doc.

Hope you find it useful!

The Medic Portal

Thanks for the list! I heard that cardiff dont usually give offers to people with less than 5a*s at gcse, is that true?
Original post by 123chem
Thanks for the list! I heard that cardiff dont usually give offers to people with less than 5a*s at gcse, is that true?

Often that is true for Medicine, but we're not 100% on that with regards to Dentistry. Have you phoned up the admissions office to check? They are normally really helpful! :smile:
The Medic Portal
Original post by jayeshforce1
That cool bro. I balled my eyes out just to get rid of the emotions. I read your message and will be ok with updating my status. Southampton doesn't specify 650 as far as i am aware 650 may be the cutoff for last years normal 5 year course.

Yh I read Southampton ask for 650 for their BM4 and BM5 Medicine programmes. But for their BM6 programme (Foundation Medicine), all their webiste states is: "Applicants must sit the UKCAT" and just ends there lol.
Original post by The Medic Portal
Often that is true for Medicine, but we're not 100% on that with regards to Dentistry. Have you phoned up the admissions office to check? They are normally really helpful! :smile:
The Medic Portal

Ah thanks, will give that a go! Any other unis that i should be checking with, just to be on the safe side?
Original post by 123chem
Ah thanks, will give that a go! Any other unis that i should be checking with, just to be on the safe side?

Off the top of our head, can't think of any, but if we do think of some we will let you know :smile:

The Medic Portal
Original post by aspiringmedic178
In the student room. So that's not true? Do you think with a 610 UKCAT average (1890 overall), 7A*s and 3As at GCSE I might have a chance?

For exeter, as long as you have like at least 2 A* predictions, preferably 3 A*s then your ukcat doesn't matter. They only have ukcat cut off for lower predicted grades
Original post by MCMXCVIII
Are the questions in QR at the bottom or right side of the screen? Just wondering. On medify, they're at the bottom of the screen

Posted from TSR Mobile

To the right, as far as i remember, although you can just check on the official mocks exams
Original post by Squishy•
To the right, as far as i remember, although you can just check on the official mocks exams

Ok. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Niraxas
What decile does 704 fall under? I got VR: 600, QR: 740, AR: 770, SJT Band 2 o.o I really wanted to apply for kings but im not soo sure now

You'll have to wait until the averages are out (October) to be sure - but generally that's in the 8th decile at least.
Original post by MCMXCVIII

Actually, no i'm pretty sure it's at the bottom. lol soz
Original post by kerrym11
Thank you! With a score of 620 where do you think would be realistic for me to apply ?? :smile:

You could give Warwick a try. I know their Graduate Medicine Course is very prestigious.
Hey everyone!
On the table, it states that the southampton cutoff is 705... Presuming that the average will got up 20 based on the preliminary, you can presume that the cutoff with lay somewhere around 725. I got 723.3333.... Would they round up, or is this way too risky?
Original post by HarrisonGCSE
Hey everyone!
On the table, it states that the southampton cutoff is 705... Presuming that the average will got up 20 based on the preliminary, you can presume that the cutoff with lay somewhere around 725. I got 723.3333.... Would they round up, or is this way too risky?

The actual averages will probably end up being lower than the interim one if I'm honest. But even if it does go up 20 from last year, it doesn't necessarily mean the cut off point for Southampton will go up by 20. Because the quality of applicants each year also determines the cut off point. So if one year the majority of people applying to a University have scored below 700, the cut off will be below 700. Therefore it's impossible to determine; Soton applicants this year might average a lower score than the applicants last year leading to a lower cut off point,

Your score is pretty good though, you should go for it.
Original post by HarrisonGCSE
Hey everyone!

they won't round up to the nearest 5 lol
What should I do!?! My average is 653 (510 VR, 800 QR, 650 AR) and band 1. My AS were AABB and my predictions are A*A*A. I got 8A*s and 3As at GCSE. What universities should I be looking at? Is Manchester even worth it if the threshold is 650?
Original post by Nuba123
Hey everyone!
I sat my ukcat today and here's what I got:
VR: 590
QR: 650
AR: 610
SJ 2

total 1850
average 617

The universities I was considering are Edinburgh, Aberdeen, St. Andrews, Glasgow & Dundee but that's probably going to change. Does anyone have any reasonable advise as to where I should apply or whether I should take a gap year?

Hey,

great score! You must be pretty chuffed!

How did you feel it was compared to your practices?

Made sure to make a dua for you so all the best :smile:
Is anyone else finding the VR on ukcat ninja harder than on medify?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by .......Jeff458
Hey,

Thanks! Omg that means so much - as did I btw. :smile: Yeah, I'm pretty good with my score only downside is that I don't think I've got a chance in Glasgow, Edinburgh or St. Andrews - I'm definitely going for Dundee and Aberdeen (I think going to have to negotiate with daddo lol) But I don't know what my two other option could be... Or should I take a serious risk and apply for 2 of Glasgow, Edinburgh or St Andrews, But tbh I don't see the point if I'm rejected upfront. :biggrin:
Original post by .......Jeff458
Hey,

In comparison to the practise papers VR was harder, QR was easier and AR was ever so slightly easier. However, I still struggled with timing which meant i didn't actually read the question for 15-20 questions in VR AND QR.
Reply 5139
HI Guys ,
Does anyone know where I can find the specific UKCAT cut offs for different universities? (other than the ukcat website which is extremely vague).
I got a score of 663.3 in my UKCAT and my predicted grades are 6 A1 (Irish Leaving cert).....where would I stand a chance?

Could really use some help! :/

Quick Reply