The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

From what I've gathered on this thread, your VR score in mocks means nothing lmao. I hope I get at least 600 like please UKCAT be nice to me 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by michaela__
If you find them hard tomorrow are you going to start reading them? I'm unsure what to do because I know they are going to be hard and not sure if what I normally do (skimming for the answer) will suffice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably not tbh, I've stuck with skim reading for the past month so I don't think it would be wise to try out the other method in the actual exam! I don't think they'll be much harder than what we've done on Medify tbf, some of their passages are quite long. But you never know to be fair.
Original post by ASTK98
Probably not tbh, I've stuck with skim reading for the past month so I don't think it would be wise to try out the other method in the actual exam! I don't think they'll be much harder than what we've done on Medify tbf, some of their passages are quite long. But you never know to be fair.

I hope that they are similiar in difficulty because i know my AR won't be amazing so I don't want 2 things dragging me down :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope that they are similiar in difficulty because i know my AR won't be amazing so I don't want 2 things dragging me down :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Based on what people have told me, they found QR and AR easier than they did on Medify/mocks, especially QR. A lot of the AR patterns are easy to see in the exam (apparently)
Original post by ASTK98
Based on what people have told me, they found QR and AR easier than they did on Medify/mocks, especially QR. A lot of the AR patterns are easy to see in the exam (apparently)

I hope so! Ive been getting 600-700 in mocks for QR so I'm really hoping this boosts my average otherwise gap year for me lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ASTK98

Also how much revision you doing today? I'm not sure what to do with myself tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jaysinn
I wouldn't really agree with not reading the passage first. I found that the questions tended to require a certain degree of certainty about your answers and that can be better achieved with reading the passage first. In my opinion, skim reading tends to result in you second guessing yourself especially when the options are similar. I managed to read most of the passages fully before answering. I only switched to skimming towards the end when i was short on time. I scored decently well for VR doing this

how did u score in vr?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just finished 5 sets of AR questions, gonna do one last set of 40 VR questions and take the rest of the day off. Maybe look through some of my mind maps but I'll be done by 4pm most likely, no point in doing too much work today imo.
Original post by Lostperson
how did u score in vr?

Posted from TSR Mobile

When is your ukcat?
Original post by jaysinn

wow... congrats... so did you read the whole passage quickly then answer?
Original post by Squishy•
When is your ukcat?

Thursday, and yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thursday, and yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

two weeks, how are your practice analysis looking on medify, an how did you do on mocks??
Original post by Roman hang Limbu
Well trust me when i say this mine is probably one of the worst one out there. BAND 4 ON SITUATIONAL JUDGEMENT. (and apparently only psychopaths get band 4). All other sections 580s except for QR which i struggled most on before but got 620 which is still garbage i know but it was my best section. The thing that pisses me of the most is that i used to get minimum band 2 every mock i did on Situational judgement and then i completely screw it up in an actual exam.

I got Band 4 aswell! :frown:
two weeks, how are your practice analysis looking on medify, an how did you do on mocks??

When I do my test if I do decent then I'll be sure to post on here my mock scores, but at the minute they mean nothing as I've heard from pretty much everyone on this thread that mocks are harder than the real thing but in general I've been getting anywhere between 600-700. AR 64.4%, QR 61.1%, SJT 62.8%, VR 71.5% (some timed and some untimed but I've completed every stem). Hope this helps, you've got plenty of time to revise anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jaysinn

See for VR was it mostly T/F/CT or the type 2.
When I do my test if I do decent then I'll be sure to post on here my mock scores, but at the minute they mean nothing as I've heard from pretty much everyone on this thread that mocks are harder than the real thing but in general I've been getting anywhere between 600-700. AR 64.4%, QR 61.1%, SJT 62.8%, VR 71.5% (some timed and some untimed but I've completed every stem). Hope this helps, you've got plenty of time to revise anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

how long have you been revising for? Do you skim read in VR too?
how long have you been revising for? Do you skim read in VR too?

A month, and yes I skim read too! I'm actually gonna have a little practice now at reading the passages on UKCAT Ninja just in case the questions are dreadful tomorrow ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Recently sat my UKCAT and got:
VR: 530 (lol)........was always bad at this, was getting 570ish in the mocks, the texts were not insanely long but so hard to understand as it was mainly on 16th century history and politics in different countries
QR: 890.....was getting about 850ish in the mocks, tbh people say it was so easy but it really wasn't, it was just standard. Don't get complacent for this section, my mate came out with 600. It was a tad easier then medify. Overall just be quick at understanding the data and you'd be fine.
AR: 860.....found it quite easy, the same difficulty as medify. I guessed 5 questions in total as i couldn't figure out 1 set. Just remember scans. There were a lot of annoying sequences questions too about 6-7 i would say.
SJT: band 1
Original post by Mathsmad123
Recently sat my UKCAT and got:
VR: 530 (lol)........was always bad at this, was getting 570ish in the mocks, the texts were not insanely long but so hard to understand as it was mainly on 16th century history and politics in different countries
QR: 890.....was getting about 850ish in the mocks, tbh people say it was so easy but it really wasn't, it was just standard. Don't get complacent for this section, my mate came out with 600. It was a tad easier then medify. Overall just be quick at understanding the data and you'd be fine.
AR: 860.....found it quite easy, the same difficulty as medify. I guessed 5 questions in total as i couldn't figure out 1 set. Just remember scans. There were a lot of annoying sequences questions too about 6-7 i would say.
SJT: band 1

Nice score!
Did you get loads of data questions or not? What were the type of qs in QR??
How were the patterns in AR, were they complexed and were there lots of Set A/B Questions or were there lots of complete the series/this is that so what is this to that?
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending