The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mathsmad123
**** off you prick

Hahahhaha why can't I rep you :frown:
Original post by ASTK98
Where have UKCAT stated the average is expected to go down, on their website?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Their twitter feed.
Original post by Not_a_horse
One of my friend's got 798 avg I, absolute beast!

One of my friends in school got 798 too.....Same person? :wink:
Original post by Lostperson
mee too , how did you score?

700! You? :smile:
Ok when does it arrive?
When do the deciles get published? I know it's today but what time. Constantly checking my phone at school!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by .......Jeff458
When do the deciles get published? I know it's today but what time. Constantly checking my phone at school!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

On the UKCAT twitter feed it said they'd publish them late afternoon!
Urgh. Because of the difference in time zone, i would most likely be asleep by the time the results are released 😒
Will they send the email out like the ones in September?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which schools take SJT into account?
Original post by kayasparkles
On the UKCAT twitter feed it said they'd publish them late afternoon!

DAMN!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why are u guys caring about the deciles? Does it make a difference or something
Original post by YouHaveProblems
Why are u guys caring about the deciles? Does it make a difference or something

Our scores are only compared with everyone else who took it this year, and the deciles give an indication of where we stand in that comparison. Therefore to know how strong your result is, you need to know how you did in relation to everyone else.
Original post by p1n3appl3
Our scores are only compared with everyone else who took it this year, and the deciles give an indication of where we stand in that comparison. Therefore to know how strong your result is, you need to know how you did in relation to everyone else.

Ah okay. How would you know what universities want though?
Original post by YouHaveProblems
Ah okay. How would you know what universities want though?

Some will publish their cut off scores from last year which you could use as a guide. Others wont ask for a specific score, but knowing that your score is good overall will strengthen your application.
I would look at the admissions policies of the unis you're applying to to get an idea of what they want.
Original post by p1n3appl3
Some will publish their cut off scores from last year which you could use as a guide. Others wont ask for a specific score, but knowing that your score is good overall will strengthen your application.
I would look at the admissions policies of the unis you're applying to to get an idea of what they want.

Yeah but in regards to the deciles they're only most useful when you have a lower score where some universities might reject decile 3 and lower etc. Other than that people may think 8th decile is good and others 9 etc so they aren't much use as the cut off scores aren't judged on the deciles most times they are on the people applying to the universities right

I cant believe its gone down. 631 average, it thought it would be way higher
I can't believe the mean scores are lower than last year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending