The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE=jaysinn;67927758]9th!!

Seriously? Omg yes!
wait!??! on the ukcat interim results why is the higher score 9th percentile?? i would expect it to be 1st?
Is a score of 2000 average 667, 71% then? I'm not very good at working this stuff out 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would a score of 1970, average 657 put me in the 6th decile?
Reply 7144
Anyone applying to Queens University Belfast?? Hows your stats? :h:
Original post by michaela__
Is a score of 2000 average 667, 71% then? I'm not very good at working this stuff out 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol how did you get 71%? it just means you did better than 70% of people and at most 29% of people did better than you
Original post by ASTK98
They don't have a "cut off", they just have a specific score that they consider competitive. You can get an interview if your score is lower than that, but having a score higher than it doesn't guarantee you an interview either. For the last cycle (2016 entry) the competitive score was 650. They interviewed someone with a score of 612 this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh really? i could've sworn that they had cut off scores of above 700 in some years. Maybe they changed it or something.
Original post by YouHaveProblems
Oh really? i could've sworn that they had cut off scores of above 700 in some years. Maybe they changed it or something.

That was the competitive score for 2014 entry I believe, and that's only because the average increased substantially in 2013 compared to 2012. National average was around 660 in 2013 I believe, like 30 higher than the average this year lol. Generally speaking their competitive score is in the mid 600s, obviously a higher score gives you a better chance though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got a total score of 1750 which decile would I be in? Does that mean I'm in the bottom 20% nationally? :/
Original post by YouHaveProblems
lol how did you get 71%? it just means you did better than 70% of people and at most 29% of people did better than you

71 because people have been working out what % they are? I don't know I was just asking if I worked it out right I know I'm in the 7th decile but just wondering would that make me at 71% then? Just want to see where I stand for Manchester.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Here is a link to 2016 UKCAT Mean scores. You can also check out what decile you have come under. http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/uploads/pdf/2016%20Final%20Mean%20Scores%20071016.pdf
http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/about-the-test/applications/
71 because people have been working out what % they are? I don't know I was just asking if I worked it out right I know I'm in the 7th decile but just wondering would that make me at 71% then? Just want to see where I stand for Manchester.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure whether you can work out the exact percentage I'm afraid... just the percentile. If you got 2000 then you're in the 8th decile which is really good! What decile does Manchester want?
Original post by ellen111
I got a total score of 1750 which decile would I be in? Does that mean I'm in the bottom 20% nationally? :/

It means you're in the 3rd decile and have done better than 30% of people.
Gap Year Student- Dentistry

GCSE's 1A*10A 2B
Alevel Achieved A*AA
UKCAT Av 733.33 (9th decile)

im stuck where should I apply to?
Original post by Lostalltime
Would a score of 19 1970, average 657 place me in the 6th decile?

Yes
I got a total of 2290, where does that actually put me?
IMG_2402.PNG
If you're unsure where your score stands in terms of deciles, read the bit in italics explaining how you work it out from previous scores.
Original post by Sharmiin1226
8th decile with 2040 is this good enough for newcastle do you think??

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ukcat_threshold_20162017_for_a10

scroll to the last comment

Posted from TSR Mobile

That should put you in the 8th decile (71% - 80%). Well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FA_600
That should put you in the 8th decile (71% - 80%). Well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for checking for me :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending