Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Does everyone just want to be rich? watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically I just want to be really really rich. Obviously I want to live until I'm 90 too. I don't want anything else - fame or scientific discovery of prizes or anything else. Just loads of money.

All of my other goals: hot Girlfriend, expensive watch, cars just come downstream from that.

ReputationRep:
    I don't. I just want enough money in life to make my family and I happy. Enough money so that I could live in a house, pay off loans and enough so that I can feed myself. Being 'rich' would just make everything better because you can ensure that you have enough money to do everything listed above.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    if money is the root of evil, then i think the government should get rid of all the money, and no one will be poor or rich.

ReputationRep:
    I want to be happy and comfortable and not have to worry about anything. Money is important but I don't think it should be the like only ambition in life.

ReputationRep:
    Not really. Just well off is ok. Being rich come's with a host of problems. You will take more time just managing your money, stressing about it and being paranoid in general. Causes more problems than it solves.

Like the day i don't need to work and can just live a comfortable life i will pack it in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    I don't. I just want enough money in life to make my family and I happy. Enough money so that I could live in a house, pay off loans and enough so that I can feed myself. Being 'rich' would just make everything better because you can ensure that you have enough money to do everything listed above.
    *me and my family

ReputationRep:
    I want to be rich and successful, but I also want to help the people around me become successful and realise their full potential too. Take the path to wealth that generates the most respect and loyalty from those you lead.

ReputationRep:
    Not really.

Money, over a certain amount, becomes more of a curse than a blessing. You start to attract people who only want to be 'friends' with you because of your money. You feel paranoid about people wanting to steal your money. You have to start actively hiding your wealth to avoid this.

I'd much sooner be comfortably off and have some spare cash than be filthy rich.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Not really. Just well off is ok. Being rich come's with a host of problems. You will take more time just managing your money, stressing about it and being paranoid in general. Causes more problems than it solves.
    Very true. I also agree with ihatePE's point - money never solves problems, it just makes the world worse than it already is. If we had no money, then no-one would be poor or rich.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum_law)
    *me and my family
    **my family and me

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much this

ReputationRep:
    Very true. I also agree with ihatePE's point - money never solves problems, it just makes the world worse than it already is. If we had no money, then no-one would be poor or rich.
    Not really true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    **my family and me
    Nah, either will do, Mr Aston.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    my wisdom on fleek

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    **my family and me
    my family and I - I'm trying not to be selfish and respecting my family before myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    if money is the root of evil, then i think the government should get rid of all the money, and no one will be poor or rich.
    However it isn't, and your solution wouldn't work.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I just want to have fun, be awesome and pull girls
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Please do not be consumed by materialism!

ReputationRep:
    inb4 I don't care about money
    inb4 I don't need money
    inb4 there's more to life than money
    inb4 money doesn't buy happiness
    inb4 happiness is more important than money

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.