Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

Please explain how to do this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaadKaleem)

Please explain how to do this.
    What you need to work out is the initial horizontal velocity for which you need to know the time taken for the motorcycle to travel the horizontal 10m. Since it is assumed that the horizontal velocity component is constant throughout the landing of the motorcycle, and that the time taken for the motorcycle to travel a vertical distance of 1.25m is equal to the time taken for it to travel the horizontal distance of 10m (a concept which I don't agree with), you can determine the final vertical velocity component, using v2=u2-2as, and then work out the time taken to travel the vertical distance using v=u+at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehrdad jafari)
    What you need to work out is the initial horizontal velocity for which you need to know the time taken for the motorcycle to travel the horizontal 10m. Since it is assumed that the horizontal velocity component is constant throughout the landing of the motorcycle, and that the time taken for the motorcycle to travel a vertical distance of 1.25m is equal to the time taken for it to travel the horizontal distance of 10m (a concept which I don't agree with), you can determine the final vertical velocity component, using v2=u2-2as, and then work out the time taken to travel the vertical distance using v=u+at.
    Thank you, I had already solved the question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaadKaleem)
    Thank you, I had already solved the question.
    No worries! I assumed so

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 29, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.