Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Religious studies notes (Miracles+Design argument) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I really hope everyone's "revision" is going well. I was just a little confused on the topic of miracles and design argument and was hoping someone may have some notes on them ! & I was hoping for some advise on anyone who got a high grade pass, I really want to pass this year as last year never went as good.

Thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    Are you on the Edexcel board? I got an A last year at AS, with 98%, on Edexcel so if you need any help feel free to ask.

My main 2 pieces of advice would be to make sure you know the content really well, as you can't write about it unless you actually understand it fully, and to learn an essay for each topic. The titles are normally very similar, either key features or strengths, just worded differently. If you have essays you know well, then you can adapt them to the wording of the question.

I can upload my design argument notes for you later, but I don't actually have miracles notes as I hated that topic. If you need any others, like cosmological, problem of evil, utilitarianism, situation ethics, just war or abortion, let me know

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm on edexcel as well and I'm just wondering, when it comes to revision do you only revise one out of the two topics you could be asked about for each question? What I mean is for utilitarianism and situation ethics, would you just revise one of the two or both?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oswalds)
    Are you on the Edexcel board? I got an A last year at AS, with 98%, on Edexcel so if you need any help feel free to ask.

My main 2 pieces of advice would be to make sure you know the content really well, as you can't write about it unless you actually understand it fully, and to learn an essay for each topic. The titles are normally very similar, either key features or strengths, just worded differently. If you have essays you know well, then you can adapt them to the wording of the question.

I can upload my design argument notes for you later, but I don't actually have miracles notes as I hated that topic. If you need any others, like cosmological, problem of evil, utilitarianism, situation ethics, just war or abortion, let me know

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, I am doing Exdecel !!! It would be really great if you may lend me your notes on the design argument, situation ethics and abortion, I would be so grateful . Thank you for the advise too, I'm going to get started on my essay for miracles (which I also hate) and hopefully do other essays when I understand the topics. Thank you for the advise and congratulations on your A !!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elise68)
    I'm on edexcel as well and I'm just wondering, when it comes to revision do you only revise one out of the two topics you could be asked about for each question? What I mean is for utilitarianism and situation ethics, would you just revise one of the two or both?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, I'm a little confused myself but you don't answer every question on both papers. But on paper 1 you answer 3 topics mine are miracles, the design argument and situation ethics so, whatever question is on these 3 topics I will answer.

To my knowledge the other paper is 50marks my topic is abortion, so I will answer the 50mark essay question on it.

Oh I just got what you were asking, if your school is studying them 2/3 topics them yes, you have to study them both and a specific question will come up on them both. Just to make sure ask your teacher.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was told to revise both unless you really hated one topic and knew you would never answer a question on in, just in case the wording for one question was really bad. In my exam I thought I was going to answer utilitarianism but I went for situation ethics in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawashawa)
    Yes, I am doing Exdecel !!! It would be really great if you may lend me your notes on the design argument, situation ethics and abortion, I would be so grateful . Thank you for the advise too, I'm going to get started on my essay for miracles (which I also hate) and hopefully do other essays when I understand the topics. Thank you for the advise and congratulations on your A !!!!
    I'll put them in the thread when I'm back from work tonight, unless I get time before I don't remember anything at all from miracles, it was my worst. My teacher recommended I didn't answer it at all for that reason! And thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oswalds)
    I'll put them in the thread when I'm back from work tonight, unless I get time before I don't remember anything at all from miracles, it was my worst. My teacher recommended I didn't answer it at all for that reason! And thank you
    Youre Welcome and Thank you for the notes

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone show me an example of an exam paper for foundations? It won't let you on the edexcel website

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone show me an example of an exam paper for foundations? It won't let you on the edexcel website

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It does allow you view pass papers. Just choose a topic on the Edexl website (Religious studies) then it gives you the option of past papers.

I have attached a past paper just in case.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Question-paper-Unit-1-(6RS01)-June-2014.pdf (67.1 KB, 260 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawashawa)
    It does allow you view pass papers. Just choose a topic on the Edexl website (Religious studies) then it gives you the option of past papers.

I have attached a past paper just in case.
    Thank you! Whenever I try it says you have to log in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Whenever I try it says you have to log in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's because you go on the 2015 paper which aren't available to us as they ill be used for mock exams. But choose the option of going on a paper which is dated before 2015.

Youre most welcome

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 1, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.