The Student Room Group

How do I become more ''British''?

post removed

Scroll to see replies

Drink beer, be bald, watch football, live on benefits and lose one of your tooth and you win your dream
Go to Spain and act like a tourist?

Also possibly incorporate the colloquialisms: 'mate', 'luv', and so forth.
(edited 8 years ago)
Emulate any of the characters from Little Britain.
Start an orderly queue at 7.30 am outside Sainsbury's, drink more tea, complain more about the weather and say "oh dear" at least 10 times a day.
Complain about the weather whenever you bump into someone you know. Unless it's the dead of winter and the sun is out, in which case, regardless of how cold it is, it's "a lovely day today, isn't it?".
Reply 6
Hate the French.
Drink tea:wink: Seriously though, what's the big deal with being British? Just be yourself.
Be me
Best thing you can do is learn the language well and adopt the accent. Perhaps try and travel around a bit and visit all the different cities and countryside areas. Also try dishes like Fish and chips and Sunday Roast.

Ignore all the idiots on here going on about benefits and drunkenness. its a stereotype that would be very insulting if we weren't white.
If you ain't white, then you ain't never gonna be British. Be proud of your heritage and your roots.
Original post by hellodave5
Go to Spain and act like a tourist?

Also possibly incorporate the colloquialisms: 'mate', 'luv', and so forth.

I'm actually on holiday in Spain right now 😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apologise for everything by saying 'sorry' even if it's not your fault.

For example: "I'm so sorry, you are standing on my foot'.

Meaning: I am in agony you tosser. Get the **** off it before I punch you. NOW!
(edited 8 years ago)
Suppress feelings and be awkwardly polite til you're red in the face.
Original post by That 2Fase
If you ain't white, then you ain't never gonna be British. Be proud of your heritage and your roots.

Not necessarily. If say, his family brought him up to be 'British' then he definitely would be culturally British. I'm half Moroccan, and whilst I don't look fully English, I definitely am 100% culturally. Depends on more factors than just biological routes.
Go on Jeremy Kyle for a DNA results test to see if you stole 10 pounds from your step-dad's hamster.
Be negative in general and complain about 'immigrants' stealing your jobs whilst also complaining about them not working at all and living off benefits :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by uberteknik
Apologise for everything by saying 'sorry' even if it's not your fault.

thats the canadians
Buy ADELE's 'Hello' and pre-order 25.
Reply 19
Rip in pieces to your chances of becoming British gendered.

Quick Reply

Latest