The Student Room Group

The FIFA Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rk2k14
You seriously don't like it when other players play better. :biggrin:

Do you seriously expect me to stay out on the wing when you specifically say "do not cross the ball"? That is the only realistic option if I do that but I'm not a natural winger, as my play shows. Bit like Mata where I like to drift inwards when 99% of our attacks consist of going through the middle like Jam mentioned.
Dif is a natural winger as he is good at taking players on and his crossing ability is much better. Does not make sense to have 2 wingers constantly running to the byline and crossing the ball in the box with no tall striker in there.

Goal scoring is one of my strengths so I will continue to do that when others don't. If I don't drift inwards I contribute much less to the team. Seems to me as if you want to be that guy. If thats the case i'll play in CB so you have more opportunities to score. :wink:

Yeah I like playing with you man. I dislike the 4-3-3 attack formation we use. The 4-2-3-1 me, Difeo and FK were using is much better.

Most attacks go through the middle. Nobody is adept at heading(I'm a CAM who's 5'10, Luke's not a tall striker).

Drifting inwards is useful and forcing a player to stay in zones rather than let them have freedom is Van Gaal football. Most of our goals consisted of me passing it to the front 4 and the extra infield winger with my run from deep gave the defence more to think about.

The only issue I have with you is the lack of defensive awareness and the odd lack of awareness in goalscoring positions(in comparison to Luke who's more selfless). Not really tracking back and pressing as a team(not just you who's at fault) which gives me more work to do than I really need to do. I can get away with it majority of the time but other players not as accustomed to that role won't be able to.
(edited 8 years ago)
Ok inside forward yh
Who's the melt who keeps trying to dribble past players at the edge of our own penalty area
Defo not me(unless it's a successful dribble). Most likely Difeo. If it's in the opposition penalty area it's me though.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Who's the melt who keeps trying to dribble past players at the edge of our own penalty area

His name begins with D and ends in an o
Clearly Shed doesn't understand the philosophy
Luke up front and rk winger is the best option
Ronnie Pickering ain't cut out for a wide role.slow af
Original post by Jimmy Seville

Difeo won't shoot unless he's 3 yards out; and even then it'll be aimed at the keeper.

If Rk picks the ball up in the region of having a long range effort, he'll go for it regardless of teammate position.

Dirtybit insists on trickery from every kick off and gets dispossessed in 0.3 seconds.

Jam is selfless in the first half but as the game goes on, the likelihood of him passing decreases rapidly.

Zeddy runs forward in a straight line hoping he'll get through on goal.

I'm a striker who doesn't seem to shoot.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Yeah I like playing with you man. I dislike the 4-3-3 attack formation we use. The 4-2-3-1 me, Difeo and FK were using is much better.

Most attacks go through the middle. Nobody is adept at heading(I'm a CAM who's 5'10, Luke's not a tall striker).

Drifting inwards is useful and forcing a player to stay in zones rather than let them have freedom is Van Gaal football. Most of our goals consisted of me passing it to the front 4 and the extra infield winger with my run from deep gave the defence more to think about.

The only issue I have with you is the lack of defensive awareness and the odd lack of awareness in goalscoring positions(in comparison to Luke who's more selfless). Not really tracking back and pressing as a team(not just you who's at fault) which gives me more work to do than I really need to do. I can get away with it majority of the time but other players not as accustomed to that role won't be able to.

Its one of the reasons why I don't really like playing as a winger.
My player has poverty stamina so when I do track back within the 80+ minute he is completely gone and starts to pull up with injuries.

However, it isn't a major concern and will do it.
Brb sold like Mata for lack of defensive awareness.
Original post by Lúcio
Difeo won't shoot unless he's 3 yards out; and even then it'll be aimed at the keeper.

If Rk picks the ball up in the region of having a long range effort, he'll go for it regardless of teammate position.

Dirtybit insists on trickery from every kick off and gets dispossessed in 0.3 seconds.

Jam is selfless in the first half but as the game goes on, the likelihood of him passing decreases rapidly.

Lol I was pretty selfless for most of the match. I take a few shots because I know I'm the best finisher on the team and my player is 75 finishing.

I don't pass to you because your runs are too wide.
Original post by jam277
Lol I was pretty selfless for most of the match. I take a few shots because I know I'm the best finisher on the team and my player is 75 finishing.

I don't pass to you because your runs are too wide.

Best finisher?
m8 pls
I'm a weird one because I'm kind of like a form player. Some days I'll score almost every one, and some days I'll literally be Bendtner.

I don't like to do wide runs because I hate being on the wing, but if I do them it'll only be because we already have a few people centrally and the worst thing you can do is get too crowded there and fall over each other.

I'm just giving you another option in case there isn't a pass on that's central.
Original post by Lúcio
Best finisher?
m8 pls
I'm a weird one because I'm kind of like a form player. Some days I'll score almost every one, and some days I'll literally be Bendtner.

I don't like to do wide runs because I hate being on the wing, but if I do them it'll only be because we already have a few people centrally and the worst thing you can do is get too crowded there and fall over each other.

I'm just giving you another option in case there isn't a pass on that's central.

Who is a better finisher?

Another thing I've been great at doing is drawing fouls, which gives you lot more space to manouver when attacking because of the yellows I draw. I think I'm the most fouled player.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Who is a better finisher?

Another thing I've been great at doing is drawing fouls, which gives you lot more space to manouver when attacking because of the yellows I draw. I think I'm the most fouled player.

Difficult to determine really, you haven't played hundreds of games like some others.

Yeah I'd say you have good awareness and anticipation of opponent movement, which helps immensely. Sometimes it's the little things like that which people overlook. Similarly to all the dummy runs I'll make - even though I won't score, it still opens up space for somebody else to do so.

Everybody has their own unique strong points which is really good when you have multiple people playing.
Your anticipation, my selflessness, Difeo's tricks, Dirtybit's creativity, Rk's long shots, Depleted's red cards...
Original post by Lúcio
Difficult to determine really, you haven't played hundreds of games like some others.

Yeah I'd say you have good awareness and anticipation of opponent movement, which helps immensely. Sometimes it's the little things like that which people overlook. Similarly to all the dummy runs I'll make - even though I won't score, it still opens up space for somebody else to do so.

Everybody has their own unique strong points which is really good when you have multiple people playing.
Your anticipation, my selflessness, Difeo's tricks, Dirtybit's creativity, Rk's long shots, Depleted's red cards...

banter
Original post by Lúcio

I scored a banger in thar 3-3 last night, then two minutes later played a glorious through ball to put someone one on one and thet bottled it.
I find it annoying when playing as CAM and everybody decides to flood the middle because then I end up having to make the wide runs
@jam277
I get fouled the most mate:biggrin:, people just see the afro and go in.
Original post by Dirtybit
I find it annoying when playing as CAM and everybody decides to flood the middle because then I end up having to make the wide runs

That's exactly what I do man, then I get criticised for it.
#agenda

Anyway, are people on in about an hour?
Original post by Rk2k14
@jam277
I get fouled the most mate:biggrin:, people just see the afro and go in.

Ngl, I instantly dislike any player that uses the afro hairstyle.
It's just the FIFA way of showing people you're a tool.

Quick Reply

Latest