Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Workout and nutrition for speed and power? watch

ReputationRep:
    I play football and I really want to become as fast and powerful as I can become (I don't mean look like a bodybuilder/hulk). I currently go to the gym 3 times per week and I just do every part of my body on those days, and I just use whatever equipment is available for each muscle group. I also go to the park 3 days a week and do timed shuttle runs/ jog-sprint intervals and end with 3 100m sprints timed. I have always been quick over short distances (im only 5ft 6 which helps) but my top speed is not great so in 100m my best time is only 14.20 which I know isnt very good. I feel like i begin to slow down after about 60m as well which is not ideal.

What workout routines should i follow to maximise speed and power?

Also what should my diet be like? (im a 5ft 6 male and 127 lbs)

Do I have to count calories/ macros? Coz If I do then I'm not sure I would be able to keep it up as I don't have the time or money to keep going shopping to buy specific ingredients and pre prepare meals. I also have catered accomodation at my student halls so if I could just know what sort of foods i should be looking for then that would help alot.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    how often do you train for football atm?

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I haven't been training for football as I was planning joining the university team but I can't make their matches all the time, so I'm joining a local team with training on monday and matches on sunday. Once I've signed on I plan to go back to what I used to do, which is incorporate football drills into my sprinting days.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 27, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.