Turn on thread page Beta

Got rejected and now I feel so ugly watch

Announcements

I really liked a friend and I probably got my hopes up. I can barely look in the mirror without welling up with tears. It's just an awful feeling I feel so unwanted and undesirable.

What should I do now? If it makes any difference, I'm a girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I really liked a friend and I probably got my hopes up. I can barely look in the mirror without welling up with tears. It's just an awful feeling I feel so unwanted and undesirable.

I feel like that everyday xD jks but seriously the human heart is designed to get broken. You'll soon get over it.

ReputationRep:
    Crack open a bottle of wine, listen to Tracy Chapman at high volume and after that put all that angst energy in to finding someone good who is up for it. More seriously, it is a pig but it's part of searching for a partner, it happens to nearly everyone and you do get over it. The trick is not to lose months or years on the angst of one disappointment. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    Crack open a bottle of wine, listen to Tracy Chapman at high volume and after that put all that angst energy in to finding someone good who is up for it. More seriously, it is a pig but it's part of searching for a partner, it happens to nearly everyone and you do get over it. The trick is not to lose months or years on the angst of one disappointment. Good luck
    No, I'm sure that will just cause her to sit in a river of her own tears.

ReputationRep:
    Don't let anyone define your worth.

Plenty more fish in the sea....or I prefer, plenty more dogs in the park

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes;[url="tel:60219521")
    60219521[/url]]No, I'm sure that will just cause her to sit in a river of her own tears.
    That's all part of the therapy that will allow her to move on quickly

ReputationRep:
    maybe he is involved with cats in an undesirable way? You never know, you might have got lucky
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    :console: :grouphugs:

Rejection is tough, and it's natural to feel upset/hurt. It doesn't mean you'll get rejected by every guy though, just keep your chin up and keep moving

ReputationRep:
    Rejection just makes you stronger, think of it this way... they clearly can't handle your awesomeness someone more better will!!

ReputationRep:

Feel proud, you told them how you felt. So many people think what if?
    You didn't.
    Dust yourself off and try again (with someone else).
    You saved time. instead of wasting months, years, decades etc. You found the answer and can now move on with your life- well done.
    Feel proud, not embarrassed.

ReputationRep:
    Emotions are temporary, you will be fine soon but that's not to say you won't feel a bit low for a little while. Allow yourself to move on and find something even better. People are far too critical of themselves, I bet you're a beautiful girl, and you deserve to be with someone who will make you feel beautiful everyday.

ReputationRep:
    People don't reject other people based purely on their looks, unless they're proper dicks.
    He is your friend, he probably rejected you because he didn't want things to get awkward between the both of you.
    Just forget about it and carry on with your friendship as if nothing happened.
    Don't worry, you're not ugly.

ReputationRep:

You shouldnt let it get to you. Clearly he isnt the one for you. Why let something that hasnt happened get the better of you. Try not to dwell on it. Its not worth it honey. Your better than this. Try and focus onto far more better things. You can go and eat out with friends. Do activities that interest you and get your mind off of things. Your feelings, they will pass and then sooner or later you'll laugh it off. Stay strong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't see the bad side of this situation.
    You're going to find the good one
    And think like this: you have the heart broken but it's one less heart broken before the good one

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.