Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How do I open Birthday cards without looking expectant for money watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello

It was my 24 th birthday about 3 weeks ago ,

I went to see my grandad today , I haven't seen him since my birthday, he said I have several birthday cards at his house .I felt sick with nerves during the drive to his house, I was trying to plan in my head how I should act as I open the cards. I just knew I would appear disappointed after opening the cards as I usually do each year
    Because
    A. Never as much money as I'd hope or expect for
    B. Sometimes cards have no cash in, at all

Anyway, got to his house and he hands me the cards, I go bright red even before I open the cards, so I open the cards,cagain with a look of disappoint on my face

ReputationRep:
    Realise that you can always get cash. A handwritten card from your grandfather is priceless. Once you appreciate this, you'll stop looking for the money and start seeing where the real value lies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Realise that you can always get cash. A handwritten card from your grandfather is priceless. Once you appreciate this, you'll stop looking for the money and start seeing where the real value lies
    You are absolutely right, thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happy as punch)
    You are absolutely right, thank you
    I'm glad you already appreciate it Have fun!! And a very belated happy birthday hehe

ReputationRep:
    Loool I was so bad at this as a child

ReputationRep:
    *Searches frantically for hidden pockets in the card to find money*

ReputationRep:
    literally just don't expect money? keep the cards in the envelopes to take them home if you're worried but you're unlikely to miss money, and if there is money in your gdad's card and you miss it he will just tell you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    *Searches frantically for hidden pockets in the card to find money*
    Hahah
    Lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    literally just don't expect money? keep the cards in the envelopes to take them home if you're worried but you're unlikely to miss money, and if there is money in your gdad's card and you miss it he will just tell you
    Good advice, cheers

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.