Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm currently doing an access course to get into university in September for adult nursing.

I currently work in a nursing home and dementia unit a few shifts a week but have recently passed a maths and English assessment to become a bank HCA at the hospital. I have my interview on Thursday and I soooo want to get this job, but am really worried about the interview.

Was just wondering if anyone here has had an interview to become a bank HCA, works at the hospital and if anyone knows what kind of questions will be asked or any tips. (I've had no experience besides the year in the nursing home and that interview was so basic)

I really would love to get this so any tips appreciated

Thanks you x

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I work in a general hospital at the moment as a HCA on a Haemodialysis Unit, worked on a General ward and have also worked on a Mental Health ward, all as a HCA. Tips I can think of for your interview are: Smile a lot and try to relax as hard as it may be, answer questions open and honestly, talk about your experience of caring for others and why you want the job, tell the interviewers about your hopes to become a nurse and the fact that you are studying an Access course at the moment. They may ask you some scenario questions, so what you'd do in certain situations. Try be positive. Hope this helps! x

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.