Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This year I have my GCSEs, I'm really anxious and tensed about them. Cos I wanna pass them so hard i made a commitment to myself that no youtube, facebook, twitter,etc.

So my question is what am I suppose to do, plz give some advice?

ReputationRep:
    Take it one day at a time. Instead of thinking about all the things you need to revise before your exams, split these things up into chunks and think about what you can be doing each day. Today. Unfortunately, I didn't start doing this until March, needless to say, I could have done a lot better in my exams. At this stage of the year, you don't need to be revising intensely. About one or two hours each evening is enough, and even then, it is okay if you don't feel up to it some evenings, so on these days just give yourself time to relax.
    Making a revision timetable helps a lot. Get a list of all the topics for each subject you are doing and highlight the topics/sections you are struggling with and then plan when you are going to go over them.

One last thing- your mental health is more important than a set of grades ever will be. For me, it was the little things that made GCSEs bearable, such as hot chocolates, being goofy with friends, binge watching movies (I don't recommend doing this during exam season whoops, go me!!!) and good albums that make you feel less anxious. If you ever feel so anxious/stressed that you can't cope, please talk to someone, even if its a friend or someone like a childline counselor.

I wish you the best of luck!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ARK_REVISES)
    This year I have my GCSEs, I'm really anxious and tensed about them. Cos I wanna pass them so hard i made a commitment to myself that no youtube, facebook, twitter,etc.

Revising early will make your life really easy but don't ban yourself from social media, that is excessive. Just learn to control yourself, work and then play once you are done, don't try and mix the two and you should a good balance of the two. Depressing yourself with work is only likely to have adverse effects on other aspects of your life and maybe even your desire to work if you decide it's not worth revising all the time, so I would highly suggest getting a balance and not going overboard (until you are close too exams of course :P)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessyjellytot14)
    Take it one day at a time. Instead of thinking about all the things you need to revise before your exams, split these things up into chunks and think about what you can be doing each day. Today. Unfortunately, I didn't start doing this until March, needless to say, I could have done a lot better in my exams. At this stage of the year, you don't need to be revising intensely. About one or two hours each evening is enough, and even then, it is okay if you don't feel up to it some evenings, so on these days just give yourself time to relax.
    Making a revision timetable helps a lot. Get a list of all the topics for each subject you are doing and highlight the topics/sections you are struggling with and then plan when you are going to go over them.

One last thing- your mental health is more important than a set of grades ever will be. For me, it was the little things that made GCSEs bearable, such as hot chocolates, being goofy with friends, binge watching movies (I don't recommend doing this during exam season whoops, go me!!!) and good albums that make you feel less anxious. If you ever feel so anxious/stressed that you can't cope, please talk to someone, even if its a friend or someone like a childline counselor.

I wish you the best of luck!!!!
    Thank you, I might have gained some self-confidence.

ReputationRep:
    Just revise a couple of hours a day and make sure you are on top of any homework and classwork. GCSE's are important, but they won't be when you pass maths, English and science and get you onto the next stage of your education. One thing I regret is not giving myself more of a social life. I became really worried and anxious and should have taken more time to hang with friends or do some exercise. It helps. Good luck and you'll be proud of yourself on results day!

ReputationRep:
    Slowly build up your revising time
    And go with a steady speed
    I worked really hard weeks before the exam and so when exams came I had enough and wanted a break but obviously I couldn't so I had to force myself to work which made me have nervous breakdowns every other day ( not literally lol)
    Yh so take care of yourself but give it all you got
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    ok tnx i am going to try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ARK_REVISES)

YouTube is your best friend for revision videos.

Relax, I'm not going to sit here and say the usual "GCSE's are easy wait till you get to A level"
    GCSE's are tough but there is plenty of time and plenty of resources out there to help you out.
    Try:
    Getrevising
    Gojimo
    YouTube videos

Don't try and make yourself suffer through revision either, try to make it as fun as possible but start making notes and mind maps now.

PS. I used all of the above tips and it helped me out a lot, in hind sight I can say start making notes now because it'll save you rushing to finish them like I did .
    Good luck with year 11.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.