Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am currently self studying A level maths at home while doing my other courses at my school, I live in Leeds but I do not know how to register for AS exams next year as I'm am learning the course by myself and my school will not allow me to take exams without having done the course with them , so if anybody who has self studied an A level course It would be appreciated if you could give me information on where and how I can register for next years maths AS exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tbator)
    Hello,

I am currently self studying A level maths at home while doing my other courses at my school, I live in Leeds but I do not know how to register for AS exams next year as I'm am learning the course by myself and my school will not allow me to take exams without having done the course with them , so if anybody who has self studied an A level course It would be appreciated if you could give me information on where and how I can register for next years maths AS exams.
    You should find private candidate information on your examiners web site including how to find a centre for your exams.
    Any school or college is allowed to accept private candidates but many don't want the hassle of dealing with the. You need to contact schools and colleges in your area, speak to the exams office and ask if they accept private candidates for the exams you want to take. Colleges and independent schools tend to be more willing than other schools.
    E.g. http://www.rastrick-independent.co.u...ate-candidate/

Have a look at the timetables for next summer to make sure you can fit them in without clashing with the exams you will be entered for by your school, you can't be in two places at once.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 28, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.