Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, was just wondering how many textbooks you have actually bought during your time at university and if you have did you manage to get them cheaper than normal?
    I'm going to university (hopefully ) next year and I know most people say textbooks can be found in the library and such but I was wondering if that really is the case
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BekahMay)
    Hi, was just wondering how many textbooks you have actually bought during your time at university and if you have did you manage to get them cheaper than normal?
    I'm going to university (hopefully ) next year and I know most people say textbooks can be found in the library and such but I was wondering if that really is the case
    Thanks in advance
    It'll depend on your uni and course, but in my experience (2nd year biomed) it would have been a massive waste of money for me to have bought the recommended textbooks as there were over 20 copies of each in the library and they were never all checked out.

I'd say don't buy a textbook unless you know for sure you'll need it.

ReputationRep:
    I've only bought one textbook for two (and a half ) of my modules, the rest of the modules I studied relied on lecture notes and TSR The textbook I bought cost £38 iirc

ReputationRep:
    I just started uni this year and I have, so far, spent £150 on texts books that I need for this year and so far I have really needed them, almost every day.
    But it really depends on your uni and how they do the course.
    For one of my modules I haven't bought any books and I just have to go online which I think is more hassle and you can't highlight or make notes of them as you can't print it all out.
    It just depends

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.