Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i'm in year 12 and I take Maths and Further Maths with OCR MEI board, and at my school they make us do the Maths A level in our first year but with twice the amount of lessons allocated to Maths then do Further Maths A2 in our second year.

I was just gonna ask how people who've done it found it and whether its significantly harder to get an A* or not because I wanna go to a uni like LSE or Oxford if I can and need that A*...

Cheers anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohanp2799)
    Hi, i'm in year 12 and I take Maths and Further Maths with OCR MEI board, and at my school they make us do the Maths A level in our first year but with twice the amount of lessons allocated to Maths then do Further Maths A2 in our second year.

I was just gonna ask how people who've done it found it and whether its significantly harder to get an A* or not because I wanna go to a uni like LSE or Oxford if I can and need that A*...
    As long as you work hard and practice enough questions, then you will get good grades.

Doing all of A-level Maths in year 12 will definitely make Further Maths in year 13 a lot easier.

ReputationRep:
    I've done AS maths and further maths both in year 12 and doing A2 in both this year. If I'm honest I think doing it your way would be easier as you have a mix of AS and A2 modules in both years rather than just A2 which are harder in the second year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 31, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.