The Student Room Group

OCR MEI Maths A level in a year

Hi, i'm in year 12 and I take Maths and Further Maths with OCR MEI board, and at my school they make us do the Maths A level in our first year but with twice the amount of lessons allocated to Maths then do Further Maths A2 in our second year.

I was just gonna ask how people who've done it found it and whether its significantly harder to get an A* or not because I wanna go to a uni like LSE or Oxford if I can and need that A*... :frown:

Cheers anyway
Reply 1
Original post by rohanp2799
Hi, i'm in year 12 and I take Maths and Further Maths with OCR MEI board, and at my school they make us do the Maths A level in our first year but with twice the amount of lessons allocated to Maths then do Further Maths A2 in our second year.

I was just gonna ask how people who've done it found it and whether its significantly harder to get an A* or not because I wanna go to a uni like LSE or Oxford if I can and need that A*... :frown:

As long as you work hard and practice enough questions, then you will get good grades.

Doing all of A-level Maths in year 12 will definitely make Further Maths in year 13 a lot easier.
Reply 2
I've done AS maths and further maths both in year 12 and doing A2 in both this year. If I'm honest I think doing it your way would be easier as you have a mix of AS and A2 modules in both years rather than just A2 which are harder in the second year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply