Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Have written a statement for History, but am also thinking of applying for International Relations and/or Politics. There are already a few mentions of interests in current affairs, contemporary geopolitics, etc.
    I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how I could tweak it slightly so as to cover both subjects. Informed advice on whether this might be pointless would also be received gratefully.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Talk about the History of Politics and International Relations?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe talk about how history is relevent to/impacts upon politcs/international relations now
    Although it is probably better to pick which course you want to do and then write a full personal statement on one subject since you dont sound too sure
    You have until January anyway

ReputationRep:
    I'd look for a topic that would be covered in all three subjects. The Cold War would be a good example of this, if a little cliched.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Choose one combination of subjects and write a balanced statement covering both.

ReputationRep:
    I've written about the Cold War! Truthfully, I think it could serve well for IR too, as it stands. I'm more worried about Politics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.