Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A level choices for accountancy watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I would like to do Physics, Maths, Computing and Accounting as my A level choices, I'm good at these subjects already so they should not be a problem. I would like to study accountancy at university would these be suitable for it or do I need to change anything? My school has useless advice so I need some help. Many Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I can empathise with the total lack of support from schools/sixth form centres as I experienced it myself.

If you are focused on going into accountancy and know that's really what you want to do, then I suggest going to college and doing your AATs rather than A Levels, they are practical accountancy qualifications that are really respected by employers.

However if you are only considering accountancy as a future career and aren't dead set on it then A Levels might be the right way for you to go, I couldn't see why Physics, Maths, Computing and Accounting wouldn't be acceptable A Levels to go onto study Accountancy at University. Best thing to do would be to check university sites and check for entry requirements for the courses you'd like to go on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KrisTH;[url="tel:60230561")
    60230561[/url]]Hi, I can empathise with the total lack of support from schools/sixth form centres as I experienced it myself.

If you are focused on going into accountancy and know that's really what you want to do, then I suggest going to college and doing your AATs rather than A Levels, they are practical accountancy qualifications that are really respected by employers.

However if you are only considering accountancy as a future career and aren't dead set on it then A Levels might be the right way for you to go, I couldn't see why Physics, Maths, Computing and Accounting wouldn't be acceptable A Levels to go onto study Accountancy at University. Best thing to do would be to check university sites and check for entry requirements for the courses you'd like to go on.
    Thank you for your advice! I will have a look at some University sites now.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.