Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've broke up from college for half term, however my work is going to be around 10 hours late, will there be a penalty for this?

ReputationRep:
    I can't speak for your exact course and your college but I am currently doing an Access Diploma and if work is submitted late it is capped at a pass. So even if you turn in work of distinction standard your tutor can only award a pass mark.

I hope this isn't the same for you - try giving your teacher/tutor/lecturer an email.

ReputationRep:
    at my college late submission leads to no resubs allowed
    therefore if you dont get a pass then you are in a bad position or if you want that high grade and you get a low grade then u are in a bad position

ReputationRep:
    The above answers are similar to what my college does. If you don't submit an assignment on time, you are not given a referral opportunity, and you can't get a grade higher than a pass on that assignment.

Although it's not a great situation to be in, you can make up for it by managing your time better next time and getting merits/distinctions.

ReputationRep:
    Generally speaking, at my college if i talk to my teachers beforehand telling them that my work might be in late then they're not too bad about it, but as for many others, if i submit something very late and have no explaination as to why, i wont be allowed to resubmit work and so i need to make sure the time im spending over the deadlines is to be able to do up to distinction, correctly, however remember that on most courses they have to refer you for pass, no matter what

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.