Bath or Bristol University for Computer Science. Watch

NerdyMeg
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Bath is a great university. I love the idea of their placement year. I like campus universities alot. However, I am an International student and Bristol University fairs well on being reputed internationally more than Bath.
Give me your suggestions please
NerdyMeg
Rep:
?
anyone?
jontyfernz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by NerdyMeg)
Bath is a great university. I love the idea of their placement year. I like campus universities alot. However, I am an International student and Bristol University fairs well on being reputed internationally more than Bath.
Give me your suggestions please
Which country are you from.And what courses are you exactly looking at?I mean the modules.What are your strong and weak points in computer science?
Posted from TSR Mobile
NerdyMeg
Rep:
?
(Original post by jontyfernz)
Which country are you from.And what courses are you exactly looking at?I mean the modules.What are your strong and weak points in computer science?
Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm from India. I'm still in highschool. Will be applying for undergrads. I like computer science in general. It is a vast subject and I really cant point out one thing I like related to it.
jontyfernz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm from India. I'm still in highschool. Will be applying for undergrads. I like computer science in general. It is a vast subject and I really cant point out one thing I like related to it.
Same here,i'm too from India but i finished high school and i am doing Bsc.it at mumbai university and i am trying for 2nd year entry or 1st year depending on the uni.If you cant decide on what to single out i would single out b.eng cs or bsc cs.

I am a bit against bristol as they dont want fy scores,nor my 12th board as they are from a state board and state that if i do a foundation from elsewhere,they will still look at my 12th.

Thats my situation.But bristol is good noentheless.I would suggest you look at Cs with innovation at bristol.

Not well accquinted with bath.People from mumbai i know who went to bath went for buisness,finance,accounting,MBA, etc.

Which board are you studying btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile
NerdyMeg
Rep:
?
(Original post by jontyfernz)
Same here,i'm too from India but i finished high school and i am doing Bsc.it at mumbai university and i am trying for 2nd year entry or 1st year depending on the uni.If you cant decide on what to single out i would single out b.eng cs or bsc cs.

I am a bit against bristol as they dont want fy scores,nor my 12th board as they are from a state board and state that if i do a foundation from elsewhere,they will still look at my 12th.

Thats my situation.But bristol is good noentheless.I would suggest you look at Cs with innovation at bristol.

Not well accquinted with bath.People from mumbai i know who went to bath went for buisness,finance,accounting,MBA, etc.

Which board are you studying btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did my 10th from ICSE and will be doing my 12th from CBSE.

Computer Science with Innovation seems really cool. I love the sound and idea of it.

Which universities are you applying to?
jontyfernz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Did my 10th from ICSE and will be doing my 12th from CBSE.

Computer Science with Innovation seems really cool. I love the sound and idea of it.

Which universities are you applying to?
Not sure but i'll be applying both through ucas and directly but the ones for my grades in fy or hsc depending on what they prefer
St.Andrews
Kings
UCL
Imperial(Yet to ask them,but if they accept MU scores,i would surely apply)
QMUL
Edge Hill
UWE Bristol
Oxford Brookes
Westminster
East London(Most probably not)
Gloucestershire
Nottingham Trent

If foundation then
City
Kings
Brunel
York

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (124)
17.92%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.4%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (119)
17.2%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (101)
14.6%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (67)
9.68%
How can I be the best version of myself? (209)
30.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed