The Student Room Group

FAO All RVC Grad Vet Acceptances

This post is for any grad student who has received an offer from the RVC to study Veterinary Medicine from October 2007. I believe there to be only about 20 of us in total and I expect over the next four or five years we'll be a fairly tight-knit group so let's get acquainted!

I've also set up a facebook group for us. It's called "RVC BVetMed Grad Students Starting Oct. 2007" - a bit of a mouthful I'm afraid. If you can think of a better name let me know.

Tom

NB This is for Grad students on the 4 AND 5 year course

Applied for BVetMed 2007:
RVC - Offer - Unconditional: Firm
if u dont mind me asking how r u gonna pay the tutition fees etc, cos i have looked into grad entry and dont think i will be able to afford to pay, can u get loans or not. Do u know how i could get sponsered to go. congrats of getting iin anyway.
Reply 2
The fees are the same as for Undergrads (3000 a year), so a 12 grand loan should cover that. I'll save on rent in years 2-4 as my parents will buy a flat for me in Potters Bar. Other expenses will prob be loans or I might work part time

Tom
i thought it would have been more the fees.
Reply 4
As a grad you only pay 3000 (ie undergrad rate) at RVC and Nottingham, but you pay 6000 at Cambridge and 16-17k everywhere else. Not surprisingly, places are particularly sought after at the first three places!

Tom
Reply 5
Edinburgh is £17500.....ouch!!
Reply 6
thomas.shaw
This post is for any grad student who has received an offer from the RVC to study Veterinary Medicine from October 2007. I believe there to be only about 20 of us in total and I expect over the next four or five years we'll be a fairly tight-knit group so let's get acquainted!

There are 33 (I think) of us this year, so I'd guess there'd be about the same next year. That's just on the 4 yr course - there are quite a few more grads on the 5 yr, including all the foreign ones (who aren't allowed on our course for some reason - probably money related).

But I have found that we are quite tight as a group, esp compared to the 1st yrs proper, who are just too big a group!

Latest

Trending

Trending