The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Do they email you that you were unsuccessful?
Do you mean unsuccessful application or group assessment evening?
If unsuccessful application I'm not sure, there might be too many to reply to all, they contacted me within a week to invite me to the assessment evening.

If you mean unsuccessful assessment evening then yes they contact everyone, usually the next day to invite a few back.
Reply 42
Hey guys!!

can u guys tell me how exactly to apply??
Do i need to walk into the store and drop my CV or have to apply online??
Also I have experience with customer service, will that help??

Thankz
Har
Reply 43
Would they take on a 16 year old who is still in school, so only able to work weekends and in the late evening?
I've had an interview and was invited back for a work trial a week ago today.
They said to check my email but I don't think they said when they'll let me know by.
So does anyone know how long they take to get back to you, and if they let you know if you're both successful and unsuccessful after 2nd interview/work trial?
Original post by 0scillate wildly
I've had an interview and was invited back for a work trial a week ago today.
They said to check my email but I don't think they said when they'll let me know by.
So does anyone know how long they take to get back to you, and if they let you know if you're both successful and unsuccessful after 2nd interview/work trial?

Hello,
I work for Pets at Home so hope I can help :smile: After the group meeting, we are all contacted the next day, successful or not and invited to the work trial/interview. After the work trial/interview,( which was on a Wednesday) they said they would let me know by the end of the weekend) It may be that your store is just taking a little longer or that there were more work trials to get through first? How many people were at your group meeting? They should get back to you whether you've been successful or not, and hopefully soon! (it may not be email by the way, they phoned me so keep a listen out) :smile:
Reply 46
Its been 3 weeks since I applied.. no reply at all.. They can atleast reply with a NO..
Hi, I've got a group assessment this sunday and unfortunately that is my 18th birthday. I had arranged to go out for a meal with my family at the time of the assessment so was hoping for some advice - would you try and rearrange the interview or would you rearrange other plans.I don't want to ruin my chances of getting the job, but at the same time I'd like to be able to enjoy my 18th? Thanks :smile:
phone them and ask if it's possible to reschedule, but say that if it's too much trouble that you will re arrange your plans.
they should understand as it's your birthday, but if they don't seem to like it then you might have to change your plans.
talking about Pets at home, does anyone know how much the starting pay is? and does it increase?
Reply 50
Original post by harrietowusu
talking about Pets at home, does anyone know how much the starting pay is? and does it increase?

That's what I was wondering. I'm 16 (currently in college) and I applied online yesterday. I was also wondering how long it takes for them to respond to your application?
I've got a pets at home interview today, I am super super nervous but hoping my enthusiasm will prevail. I can't even explain how much I want this job! :smile:
Original post by stardust126
I've got a pets at home interview today, I am super super nervous but hoping my enthusiasm will prevail. I can't even explain how much I want this job! :smile:

I've got an interview today as well! What store is your interview at?
Carlisle :smile:
Carlisle :smile:

Oh, not the same as me. Good luck with your interview! :biggrin:
Where is yours? And thankyou! You too :biggrin: Make sure your voice is heard but you're not too bossy and dominant at the same time, that's what me friend told me about her group interview :smile:
Reply 56
Original post by ForgetMe
Do they email you that you were unsuccessful?

I filled in the application form, sent it off at like 10pm and got an email saying I hadn't been successful at 9am the next day. Not sure if they even bothered to read my application.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Laurakat1
That's what I was wondering. I'm 16 (currently in college) and I applied online yesterday. I was also wondering how long it takes for them to respond to your application?
I've just been hired so I can answer this now!
I'm 21 and starting on £6.40
it goes up to £6.60 after I complete my training
Reply 58
Original post by 0scillate wildly
I've just been hired so I can answer this now!
I'm 21 and starting on £6.40
it goes up to £6.60 after I complete my training

Lucky you! Would the pay for under 18's be lower than £6.40? Also, when did you get a response from your application?
Where is yours? And thankyou! You too :biggrin: Make sure your voice is heard but you're not too bossy and dominant at the same time, that's what me friend told me about her group interview :smile:

How did it go? Have you heard anything back yet? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending