Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Hi,

I started seeing this guy about 6 months ago, he split with his long term girlfriend which they had two kids together and we were getting on really well. I know he missed his kids and I always encouraged him to see them, take them out e.t.c

Yesterday I had a text saying "sorry I miss my family too much, I am going back with my ex -- goodbye"

Talk about a shock.. I don't know what to do now? Do I just never message back and just accept it or ....?

I should point out that I am a bloke and neither of us realised out feelings for another guy until this point... I feel completely ****ed in the head....!

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi,

I started seeing this guy about 6 months ago, he split with his long term girlfriend which they had two kids together and we were getting on really well. I know he missed his kids and I always encouraged him to see them, take them out e.t.c

Yesterday I had a text saying "sorry I miss my family too much, I am going back with my ex -- goodbye"

Talk about a shock.. I don't know what to do now? Do I just never message back and just accept it or ....?

I should point out that I am a bloke and neither of us realised out feelings for another guy until this point... I feel completely ****ed in the head....!

Any advice?
    Maybe 1) he was missing his kids but 2) maybe this relationship was getting too real for him? I'm assuming he didn't know he liked guys before so maybe he's freaking out that he could be considered gay or bi.

I honestly don't know; this is all speculation. Do you really like him? Do you think he really liked you? If so, try to talk to him/fight for the relationship to continue. If he doesn't feel the same way, then there's really nothing you can do but move on.

If he does easily dump you without a second thought and just moves on, then good riddance - you wouldn't want to be with someone like that in the first place, and in my opinion, you got lucky that it ended sooner than later.

Take care and hope it all works out for you. A little cheesy, but in retrospect, it's usually true: when one door closes, another opens.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.