Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Lost my appetite due to heartbreak watch

Announcements

Not going to go into details about it basically it's just another case of unrequited feelings and getting my hopes up.

I'm just really struggling to eat and don't even feel physical hunger. Yesterday all I ate was half a maple pecan danish and I was rushing around on my feet from 9-6. This morning I've eaten half a tuna sandwich but can't being myself to eat the rest. I'm already a size 6 in clothes so I don't want to end up dropping weight.

What should I do? Anyone else felt like this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Not going to go into details about it basically it's just another case of unrequited feelings and getting my hopes up.

I'm just really struggling to eat and don't even feel physical hunger. Yesterday all I ate was half a maple pecan danish and I was rushing around on my feet from 9-6. This morning I've eaten half a tuna sandwich but can't being myself to eat the rest. I'm already a size 6 in clothes so I don't want to end up dropping weight.

I suppose you have to emotionally distance yourself from food and just see it as 'fuel' - a necessity to live. Because you're going through a rough patch, you probably won't enjoy it but you need to eat it to live and keep you going - you sound really busy and you say you don't want to drop any more weight.

I hope you feel better soon - these feelings won't last forever and I'm sure you'll be back to your normal self in no time

ReputationRep:

Felt like this many many times before and I feel for you, I really do. You need to eat though, just little and often if you can, you need strength and energy to overcome emotional heartache and without food you cannot do this.

You have to think though, is this person really worth all this? Probably not... chin up, you deserve better

ReputationRep:

it happened when i broke up with someone as well. About a week i couldnt eat through the whole stress of everything.

But time solved that one. Im afraid its the only thing that will solve it. Your not going to die of starvation, eventually your body will over ride your emotional distress

ReputationRep:

It's a subconscious coping mechanism to allow you to become more attractive to a future potential mate.

(Original post by Doctor_Einstein)
    It's a subconscious coping mechanism to allow you to become more attractive to a future potential mate.
    Yes I feel so unattractive and fat, despite being a size 6. My stomach is looking a lot flatter which makes me feel better.

(Original post by silverbolt)
    it happened when i broke up with someone as well. About a week i couldnt eat through the whole stress of everything.

But time solved that one. Im afraid its the only thing that will solve it. Your not going to die of starvation, eventually your body will over ride your emotional distress
    Oh yes I know I won't die. I just feel so empty and a bit disgusted with myself that I wasn't good enough... Again!

ReputationRep:
    I've been through that a few times too OP. I hardly ate a a full meal each day until two weeks or so later my appetite slowly returned. It's hard to force yourself to eat when it feels like your body is rejecting everything. Start with food you really love when you feel like eating and work from there. Sending you virtual hugs!

ReputationRep:
    Send your food my way. No point it going to waste.

ReputationRep:
    you will love again

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.