Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am in the middle of a literature review (on my last section!) and I need to compare and contrast. I am discussing elderly neglect and abuse. I have stated statistical data from government reports, so now I need to compare/contrast. This particular report states that the care provider was not having enough training to safeguard. Can I compare and contrast by mentioning the training that needs providing to PREVENT the neglect if it's not meaningful? I've no idea

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly92xo)
    I am in the middle of a literature review (on my last section!) and I need to compare and contrast. I am discussing elderly neglect and abuse. I have stated statistical data from government reports, so now I need to compare/contrast. This particular report states that the care provider was not having enough training to safeguard. Can I compare and contrast by mentioning the training that needs providing to PREVENT the neglect if it's not meaningful? I've no idea

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, you're right it's difficult to say that they specifically relate
    so maybe just suggest instead of stating
    i'd say from that, you can suggest that because there's such a lack of training in these care providers, the standard of the care providers is not being taken seriously, and this can mean it becomes more likely that care providers who are abusive are able to enter the system

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImNotReallyMe)
    Yeah, you're right it's difficult to say that they specifically relate
    so maybe just suggest instead of stating
    i'd say from that, you can suggest that because there's such a lack of training in these care providers, the standard of the care providers is not being taken seriously, and this can mean it becomes more likely that care providers who are abusive are able to enter the system
    Thank you. So "suggesting" is still a way to compare and contrast? I've also mentioned legislations relating to safeguarding older people. Thanks again

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.