Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I finished undergrad from a top 5 university and am now doing a one year unternship at a large investment bank.

I was considering applying to masters in finance, however I have the issue that during second year uni I attained a low 2:2 (had some issues I was going through; girlfriend, sickness, etc). Fortunately I managed to get an average of 80% in my last year, so balanced out to get a solid 2:1.

Therefore my question is whether its worth applying to top 5 master's programs. I have quite strong extra-curriculars (own company, own ngo)

Any help is appreciated
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    They're interested in your final grade, why you want to do the course at that uni, your skills and experience and what your career plans are. If you're worried about what they'll think of your 2nd year grades, ask your referee to mention it.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.