Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Terrified for A2 exams watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The last two times I opened my AS results, I have seen Ds, Es and Us. I am so stressed that this will happen again next year and my life will be ruined. I can't get the image out of my head, I have nightmares about it. Retaking is not an option for me, my family is already disappointed as it is. What do I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So you're in A2 right now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DedicatedWizard)
    The last two times I opened my AS results, I have seen Ds, Es and Us. I am so stressed that this will happen again next year and my life will be ruined. I can't get the image out of my head, I have nightmares about it. Retaking is not an option for me, my family is already disappointed as it is. What do I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you don't want that to happen again, just work extremely hard this year to see the grades that you want. Being scared of the exams won't help you get anywhere if you aren't going to put the effort in to study the material you're going to need. If you're truly this scared of disappointing or 'failing' again, I'm sure that that's enough motivation to start studying harder and looking at where your revision/exam techniques went wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Realize the flaws that caused you to achieve those grades. Was it the way you answered the questions in the exam? Was it because you didn't give that year your full effort? Be critical and pin point issues that may have caused your underachievement.

I agree in that you should work extremely hard but by that you have to find a method that works for you. Its what you do by working extremely hard that matters. Some people for example will make really detailed posters as revision methods etc and will spend a lot of time doing them, and would therefore convince themselves that they are working hard when in fact they are just copying out from a textbook and using fancy pens to draw diagrams. This wont really help them because the information probably isnt sinking in.

Find the best methods of testing your knowledge. Rinse all of the past papers you can get your hands on. Above all, ask your teacher for help, they are there for a reason.

All the best.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.