The Student Room Group

How to revise for a-levels ??!??!?! Help

How do you guys revise ?????? I have a really short attention span and get distracted very easily, what should I do?
Original post by hvfzz
How do you guys revise ?????? I have a really short attention span and get distracted very easily, what should I do?

Just don't revise init. It seemed to work for you at GCSE
I am just like you, short memory, easily distracted and my mind wanders to other things. For me personally, I do my revision in the evening when it is quite. Go to a room that you are alone (I sit in the dining room) Leave your phone turned off upstairs and keep tv remotes etc upstairs too. Make sure it is ice and quiet so you can concentrate. For remembering your notes I make spider diagrams but don't write too many notes. Only what you need. These are also great to look at just before your exam. Flash cards are great too! Use tons of colours and colour co-ordinate your notes. I prefer to use textbooks to study from because if I go online, I am easily tempted to check my Facebook and 5 minutes turns to a couple hours. If you need anymore help, feel free to message me :smile:
Make out a study timetable definitely. In the evening time, do 1 hour of study, then 1 hour of homework, followed by another hour of study and so on so forth. It balances out the homework and revision! You could jot down little notes as you go along as well, or if you're an aural learner like me, you could pretend you're teaching another person, that way you're inclined to remember a lot more of the material. :smile: What I also find really great, but will sound dreadful, is if during midterm time like your Christmas holidays you do a 9-5 revision day for 4 or 5 days of the week. Also make sure to practice a ton of past exam questions! Chances are, most times the questions subtly repeat themselves. Hope that helped a bit! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending