Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How do you guys revise ?????? I have a really short attention span and get distracted very easily, what should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hvfzz)
    How do you guys revise ?????? I have a really short attention span and get distracted very easily, what should I do?
    Just don't revise init. It seemed to work for you at GCSE

ReputationRep:
    I am just like you, short memory, easily distracted and my mind wanders to other things. For me personally, I do my revision in the evening when it is quite. Go to a room that you are alone (I sit in the dining room) Leave your phone turned off upstairs and keep tv remotes etc upstairs too. Make sure it is ice and quiet so you can concentrate. For remembering your notes I make spider diagrams but don't write too many notes. Only what you need. These are also great to look at just before your exam. Flash cards are great too! Use tons of colours and colour co-ordinate your notes. I prefer to use textbooks to study from because if I go online, I am easily tempted to check my Facebook and 5 minutes turns to a couple hours. If you need anymore help, feel free to message me

ReputationRep:
    Make out a study timetable definitely. In the evening time, do 1 hour of study, then 1 hour of homework, followed by another hour of study and so on so forth. It balances out the homework and revision! You could jot down little notes as you go along as well, or if you're an aural learner like me, you could pretend you're teaching another person, that way you're inclined to remember a lot more of the material. What I also find really great, but will sound dreadful, is if during midterm time like your Christmas holidays you do a 9-5 revision day for 4 or 5 days of the week. Also make sure to practice a ton of past exam questions! Chances are, most times the questions subtly repeat themselves. Hope that helped a bit!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.