Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for uni in December and Chester is among the universities I really like for psychology. Just wanted the opinions of anyone that does the course or goes there?

ReputationRep:
    I did my undergrad at the University of Chester for Psychology and graduated last year! The course was really good. The lecturers are really nice and approachable and their actual lectures are insightful, they definitely go beyond slides to explain things to you. The people on my course were lovely as well and the whole uni was just a great experience. Also for your final year project you basically get to choose what you want to do for it, with guidance (unless this has now changed) so i would recommend it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meg_lou)
    I am applying for uni in December and Chester is among the universities I really like for psychology. Just wanted the opinions of anyone that does the course or goes there?
    As a university it's great, all the staff are lovely and the campus is really nice. There are lots of sports and societies plus loads of volunteering things to get involved with it's great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlotteFilmer)
    I did my undergrad at the University of Chester for Psychology and graduated last year! The course was really good. The lecturers are really nice and approachable and their actual lectures are insightful, they definitely go beyond slides to explain things to you. The people on my course were lovely as well and the whole uni was just a great experience. Also for your final year project you basically get to choose what you want to do for it, with guidance (unless this has now changed) so i would recommend it
    Sounds really good! Just wondering, do you have a job in psychology now or are you doing further study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hevachan)
    As a university it's great, all the staff are lovely and the campus is really nice. There are lots of sports and societies plus loads of volunteering things to get involved with it's great
    I didn't have time to go on a campus tour on the open day so just wondering if you could tell me the kind of facilities and social spaces they have on campus?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have time to go on a campus tour on the open day so just wondering if you could tell me the kind of facilities and social spaces they have on campus?
    Yeah sure - they have the su which has a shop, chill out space and starbucks (ofcourse). The shop sells really great pasta and sandwiches . Then theres the SU bar which they going to extend in January its very popular on a friday night but also good for just chilling after lectures and playing pool. Then there is the whites dinning room which is for catered students. Then Santandar and the john smith book shop right next to each other. The gym and swimming pool. Binks main building has another dinning area/starbucks which is nice to chill in. The library ofcourse. Then the grovsner accomodation common room. Then the squash courts, badminton courts, football and hockey pitch and the sports hall! And the chapel/chaplaincy too . So yeah! thats pretty much it for the main campus (except for the careers/volunteering centres and accomodations).. any other questions just ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hevachan)
    Yeah sure - they have the su which has a shop, chill out space and starbucks (ofcourse). The shop sells really great pasta and sandwiches . Then theres the SU bar which they going to extend in January its very popular on a friday night but also good for just chilling after lectures and playing pool. Then there is the whites dinning room which is for catered students. Then Santandar and the john smith book shop right next to each other. The gym and swimming pool. Binks main building has another dinning area/starbucks which is nice to chill in. The library ofcourse. Then the grovsner accomodation common room. Then the squash courts, badminton courts, football and hockey pitch and the sports hall! And the chapel/chaplaincy too . So yeah! thats pretty much it for the main campus (except for the careers/volunteering centres and accomodations).. any other questions just ask
    Sounds really good! I didn't have time to have a wander around the city centre but just wanted your opinion of it? What kind of shops, restaurants, clubs, amenities etc, are there?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds really good! I didn't have time to have a wander around the city centre but just wanted your opinion of it? What kind of shops, restaurants, clubs, amenities etc, are there?
    Shops and restaurants are great it's really good for cafes and tea ^^. Cheshire oaks is a bus ride away which has got a good cinema, bowling, restaurants and ofc shops!
    In terms of clubs, this is the weakest point. I have never been clubbing in Chester so idk how good it is but I think there's about 3 main clubs.. people never complain about the night life but it's not as good as nearby places like Liverpool

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm a current first year and I've been at the uni for just over a month now, all in all it's a great place: the lecturers are very good at what they do (especially in my course - Journalism), the facilities are fine however the library can be quite confusing, plenty of options for food during breaks etc (the Starbucks in the Binks Building is a personal favourite of mine!).

The centre is literally just down the road which has loads of really good shops, restaurants/cafes and its really handy if you fancy some quick and easy fast food during breaks (theres two Maccies, a Burger King and two subways - no kfc though ! ). Coming from Liverpool I'm not gonna lie I was really disappointed with the nightlife... don't get me wrong freshers was really good, however I was pretty drunk for the most of it but I did meet some really nice people so it's a win-win!

Can't really comment on accommodation because I commute.

To summarise: the uni is great and especially for my course they prepare us for industry which is one of the most important factors for me.

Any other questions feel free to ask

ReputationRep:
    Im studying history in my 2nd year, and I can tell you it's a lovely University. Staff are extremely helpful, campus is great with everything you need there and town is only a short walk away. Loads of societies for you to join, in particular sports but also some fun ones too!

Hope your application goes well!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.