Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am an international applicant and I am planning to apply to UCL law but my predicted grade is 36 out of 45 and UCL wnats 39. Do they really give importance to predicted grades? In addition do I have a chance to get a conditional offer?
    Thanks in advance,
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Tank Girl)
    x

ReputationRep:
    Which course are you applying to and do UCL require interviews/further tests for that course? I am not an international student but take the IB too, generally, as UCL is so competitive 3 points below entry requirements would be too low for consideration. If you haven't sent your applicant off, maybe talk to your teachers about increasing predicted grades in subjects you are confident about?

ReputationRep:
    I want to apply for Law. I talked with my teachers and I believe that in real exams I can get minumum 38 but they didn't increase😑so do you think i shouldn't consider to apply UCL?
    (Original post by Pradia)
    Which course are you applying to and do UCL require interviews/further tests for that course? I am not an international student but take the IB too, generally, as UCL is so competitive 3 points below entry requirements would be too low for consideration. If you haven't sent your applicant off, maybe talk to your teachers about increasing predicted grades in subjects you are confident about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elifm)
    I want to apply for Law. I talked with my teachers and I believe that in real exams I can get minumum 38 but they didn't increase😑so do you think i shouldn't consider to apply UCL?
    Ah, I'm a law applicant too explain to them how important this is and how you're willing to work hard. If they don't change it after that and you really want To go to UCL apply next year if your grades are higher.

ReputationRep:
    Really!! I hope you can get an offer☺ by the way if you don't mind what is your predicted grade
    [
    VQUOTE=Pradia;60277867]Ah, I'm a law applicant too explain to them how important this is and how you're willing to work hard. If they don't change it after that and you really want To go to UCL apply next year if your grades are higher.[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elifm)
    Really!! I hope you can get an offer☺ by the way if you don't mind what is your predicted grade
    [
    VQUOTE=Pradia;60277867]Ah, I'm a law applicant too explain to them how important this is and how you're willing to work hard. If they don't change it after that and you really want To go to UCL apply next year if your grades are higher.
    [/QUOTE]

42- which other unis are you applying to ?

ReputationRep:
    Wow so you must be a really good student😅 I am planning to apply kings durham bristol and edinburgh i will try my chance and you what's your list 42- which other unis are you applying to ?[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elifm)
    Wow so you must be a really good student😅 I am planning to apply kings durham bristol and edinburgh i will try my chance and you what's your list

42- which other unis are you applying to ?
    [/QUOTE]
    Exeter, LSE, Cambridge, Bristol, UCL. HAv you taken the LNAt?

ReputationRep:
    I booked my exam and will take it on 21th of November. You? Did you take your LNAT?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, not yet- hoping to do it in late November too but it depends how prepared I feel.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.