The Student Room Group

Revision For SAT!!!!

Hi,
I want to know the best way an A-level student, studying sciences, can revise for SAT subject tests:
EM Biology
Maths level 1
Chemistry
Please post any information or the best techniques you have, if there are websites or anything along those lines.
Thanks
DaudFromTheBlock out.
It'd be good if we knew what level you're working at at the moment. How are your AS grades?
Original post by Student403
It'd be good if we knew what level you're working at at the moment. How are your AS grades?

yeah sorry
Chemistry A
Bio A
Maths A
Physics B
Carrying on the first 3 into A2
Original post by DaudFromTheBlock
yeah sorry
Chemistry A
Bio A
Maths A
Physics B
Carrying on the first 3 into A2

Bro with those grades you could do really well on Maths II. Forget about Maths I... Most people can do that!

I don't have too much experience with Bio/Chem, but I can help with Maths. Which modules have you covered?
Bro with those grades you could do really well on Maths II. Forget about Maths I... Most people can do that!

I don't have too much experience with Bio/Chem, but I can help with Maths. Which modules have you covered?

C1, C2 and M1
So is Maths II easier than Maths I? or is the margin of error bigger for Maths II
I never even bothered with Math 1. It's supposed to be stupidly easy and not well respected by many universities. I'll admit, not taking further maths might make it harder, but I'd recommend the Barron's SAT II book for Maths II. It really overpreps you and it can be very hard, but getting an 800 in Maths II will feel a lot greater and make you stand out even more.

Also, yes. For maths 1 I believe you need to get every (or almost every) question right (similar to the maths on the SAT I) to get 800. For Maths II, you can get an 800 with ~45-46/50 raw marks
I never even bothered with Math 1. It's supposed to be stupidly easy and not well respected by many universities. I'll admit, not taking further maths might make it harder, but I'd recommend the Barron's SAT II book for Maths II. It really overpreps you and it can be very hard, but getting an 800 in Maths II will feel a lot greater and make you stand out even more.

Also, yes. For maths 1 I believe you need to get every (or almost every) question right (similar to the maths on the SAT I) to get 800. For Maths II, you can get an 800 with ~45-46/50 raw marks

Thank You, appreciate the help. Any idea which book or website provides most practice test which are like the real one bar the collegeboard website itself and is there any way to get the past papers for both of the maths
Original post by DaudFromTheBlock
Thank You, appreciate the help. Any idea which book or website provides most practice test which are like the real one bar the collegeboard website itself and is there any way to get the past papers for both of the maths

Protip: Don't do many past papers.

Reason I specifically mentioned Barron's is because the practice tests (it contains 6 or 7) are much harder than the real thing, and so prepare you so much better. If you can get 750+ in a Barron's paper, I'm 99% sure you're capable of 800 on the test day. The real thing is that much easier.

Try this site

http://www.cracksat.net/
Protip: Don't do many past papers.

Reason I specifically mentioned Barron's is because the practice tests (it contains 6 or 7) are much harder than the real thing, and so prepare you so much better. If you can get 750+ in a Barron's paper, I'm 99% sure you're capable of 800 on the test day. The real thing is that much easier.

Try this site

http://www.cracksat.net/

Thank You!!
Not a problem :smile: Let me know if you'd like some more help with specific topics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending